Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-08-2022, 11:56 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Thor Tuscany
State: California
THOR #26777
roof repair on bedroom slide

I have a leak on or around the bedroom slide of my 2016 Thor Tuscany 40DX. I have done all of the caulking and have used Flex Seal to try an eliminate the leak, but I think I need to remove the slide topper, to try and find the source of the leak.

How do I remove the slide topper to examine the roof? Their is fabric channel in the storage area (under the roof) and the water is following the channel and the water is dripping on the king side bed, unfortunately on my wife's side.

Happy Wife, Me thinks not. How do I get at the roof? I think I need the slide cover off to see where the water is coming in

Thanks.
Tim Martin

Old 05-08-2022, 11:57 PM   #2

THOR #26777
checking post
Old 05-11-2022, 01:19 PM   #3

Model: 34E Hurricane
State: Michigan
THOR #25490
There are good You Tube videos on replacing topper, which is same as just disconnecting it. I have been fighting bedroom slide leaks and found the outer seals were worn out, so these got replaced. Also, where the wiper corner transitions occur (which is where the outer seal hits), there is a surface gap that the outer seals did to mate to very well (any small hole will take in water when that track fills), so that is getting leveled this week with some silicone. I did all of my work without touching the topper. Good luck.
Old 05-11-2022, 01:28 PM   #4

THOR #26777
roof repair on bedroom slide

Thanks. The slide topper came off (high winds) and either needs to be replaced or fixed, doubt that it can be fixed. I agree that the caulking/seals have probably worn out...over time.

Life in an RV, I guess. Thanks.