Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-23-2018, 05:45 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Arizona
THOR #9747
Initial issues on 2018 Windsport 29M. Things to check.

SanT Flush leaks inside the coach. Seems like the water came from under the back dinette seat where the water pump is located. (Vacuum breaker in bathroom replaced by dealer)

Water leak under the sink. Looks like from the drain trap. This allowed water to leak under slide and into the lower compartment . (Trap directly under sink not tight)

Bedroom charging station outlets do not work. (Upon pickup they were wired backwards - dealer rewired.) On 1st trip smelled burnt wires from there so I unhooked them and taped everything up. (Charging station now shorted. Dealer replaced)

On 1st trip found Gray electrical box cover stuck inside the generator on the right side.
Electrical panel box underneath the rear of the coach has no cover. All wires exposed. (Dealer installed new plate)

Sheet metal on the back side of the body behind the generator is very loose and will fall off.
Marker light wiring under this sheet metal will get cut and severed from the movement. I applied electrical tape to the wires for now. (Dealer added more screws - still wires could get cut)

Left front 12v socket on the bottom of the dash is not working. Looked under the dash – no wires attached. They are hanging loose. (Dealer hooked up the wires)

All cup holders – top rim does not stay attached. (Dealer told me they are all that way. Just glue them down)

Inverter panel does not show current draw or watts. (Dealer repaired. Didn't tell me the fix)

Right hand speaker over the couch has no sound. (Bad wiring. Dealer replaced)

Dining room table does not stay up. Latch does not stay engaged. ( Dealer adjusted)

Driver side hood latch not fully engaged. Hood sticks out. (Latch drilled in wrong location - dealer added longer latch to engage the lock )

Kitchen shelf missing from cabinet. ( on order since 11/9)

Outside kitchen door does not lock. (Dealer adjusted)

Door decal scratched – needs replacement. (Dealer replaced)

Refrigerator does not get cold on propane. (Missing baffle in the chimney - dealer installed)

Door locks did not work. (Dealer replaced entire door lock. Took it from another RV on the lot)

Old 01-23-2018, 06:18 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Ernie View Post
SanT Flush leaks inside the coach. Seems like the water came from under the back dinette seat where the water pump is located. (Vacuum breaker in bathroom replaced by dealer)

Water leak under the sink. Looks like from the drain trap. This allowed water to leak under slide and into the lower compartment . (Trap directly under sink not tight)

Bedroom charging station outlets do not work. (Upon pickup they were wired backwards - dealer rewired.) On 1st trip smelled burnt wires from there so I unhooked them and taped everything up. (Charging station now shorted. Dealer replaced)

On 1st trip found Gray electrical box cover stuck inside the generator on the right side.
Electrical panel box underneath the rear of the coach has no cover. All wires exposed. (Dealer installed new plate)

Sheet metal on the back side of the body behind the generator is very loose and will fall off.
Marker light wiring under this sheet metal will get cut and severed from the movement. I applied electrical tape to the wires for now. (Dealer added more screws - still wires could get cut)

Left front 12v socket on the bottom of the dash is not working. Looked under the dash – no wires attached. They are hanging loose. (Dealer hooked up the wires)

All cup holders – top rim does not stay attached. (Dealer told me they are all that way. Just glue them down)

Inverter panel does not show current draw or watts. (Dealer repaired. Didn't tell me the fix)

Right hand speaker over the couch has no sound. (Bad wiring. Dealer replaced)

Dining room table does not stay up. Latch does not stay engaged. ( Dealer adjusted)

Driver side hood latch not fully engaged. Hood sticks out. (Latch drilled in wrong location - dealer added longer latch to engage the lock )

Kitchen shelf missing from cabinet. ( on order since 11/9)

Outside kitchen door does not lock. (Dealer adjusted)

Door decal scratched – needs replacement. (Dealer replaced)

Refrigerator does not get cold on propane. (Missing baffle in the chimney - dealer installed)

Door locks did not work. (Dealer replaced entire door lock. Took it from another RV on the lot)
Ernie,
Seems youve had quite a few minor problems. Glad your dealer took care of them. Keep making lists as you find problems. Ive only had 3 minor things fixed by the dealer.

I'm sure you will be very happy with your 29M.

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:22 PM   #3

THOR #9747
We are very happy with the Windsport. The only sad thing is those issues took almost 2 months to get fixed. I intend to do any fixes I can in the future so it isn't at the dealer for so long.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:21 PM   #4

THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Ernie View Post
We are very happy with the Windsport. The only sad thing is those issues took almost 2 months to get fixed. I intend to do any fixes I can in the future so it isn't at the dealer for so long.
I agree. Do the fixes yourself if you can. Youll know its done right
FMCA # F464385
Old 01-23-2018, 07:33 PM   #5

State: Alabama
THOR #8876
Well, it sounds like things haven't changed much. Our 2017 34F has spent the last two months at the dealer with similar sorts of issues. It won't be long before the dealer has had it back as long as we had it at home.
Old 03-25-2018, 02:39 PM   #6

State: British Columbia
THOR #11058
Thanks

Thanks for all those things to look for. We are in the process of buying a Windsport 29. Question for you.....is yours noisy from the engine? I have heard that people have put dynamat in the cove. Any comments?
Cheers
Old 03-25-2018, 02:49 PM   #7

THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric27 View Post
Thanks for all those things to look for. We are in the process of buying a Windsport 29. Question for you.....is yours noisy from the engine? I have heard that people have put dynamat in the cove. Any comments?
Cheers
Yes there is noise. Hasnt bothered me but i plan on doing the dynamat mod soon. Been to lazy recently

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 03-25-2018, 05:44 PM   #8

THOR #9747
The engine noise is not to bad until the engine revs going up hills. I too would like to install the Dynamat one day but not in a hurry to tackle it.
Old 03-25-2018, 06:04 PM   #9

State: British Columbia
THOR #11058
Tks I think I will put some miles on it first to see how bad it is.
Old 03-25-2018, 06:07 PM   #10
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
When noise becomes an issue: turn up the radio!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 03:26 PM   #11

Model: Windsport 29m
State: Idaho
THOR #5564
Dynamat

Installation of after market hood insulation kit was an easy fix took about an hour. And it made a huge difference in noise and heat reduction. While I had the cover off I replaced the mounting plates that the bolts go into with larger, thicker stainless steel plates.

2017 Windsport 29m
2017 Chev Colorado Crew Cab Diesel 4X4 Toad
pengoquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 03:47 PM   #12

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Thor usually gives you this CD with a 29 Series...play this real loud when going up hills!!

Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:54 PM   #13

State: Arkansas
THOR #11525
I too had an issue with the charging station being wired wrong. I’ve read reports of others having this issue. The dealer even told me this is a common issue.

Seems like someone at Thor needs to train their people how to wire it.