Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-18-2023, 08:25 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 22HE
State: Washington
THOR #26104
Generator Hours Meter

Hello All,
Looking for information. I have a 2020 Freedom Elite HE22, with the Oman QG KY 4000 series generator. The hours meter/gauge on the inside control panel stopped working (numbers flickered a bit then went blank). Replaced with new gauge to no avail. Checked all fuses on the breaker panel, all good. Checked for, but could not find an inline fuse. Checked at generator for fuse. There is none, at least not visible. Generator does not have hours meter at generator. I checked this forum and read the Onan manual, but found no answers. My thought is there is some sort of sending unit at the generator but could not find any information.
I would appreciate any information that can help with this problem.
Thanks much.
Tom Grant

Old 12-18-2023, 08:53 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
There is a multi-wire plug harness near the generator that is subject to corrosion and poor connections. I try finding that, disconnect it and clean the electrical contacts and reconnect it to see if that makes a difference.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 10:26 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Check the Voltage on the wires both at generator connector and contacts on hours meter. In addition to corrosion, you could have a damaged wire due to a rodent.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 09:53 PM   #4

Brand: Entegra
Model: 34B
State: New Jersey
THOR #3523
There is no sending unit hour meter is just counting when power is on from gen. Stops counting when power is off as others said you either have a bad wire, connector or ground
Old 12-27-2023, 10:37 PM   #5

Model: Freedom Elite 22HE
State: Washington
THOR #26104
Hours Meter Not Working

Thanks Challenger. I’ve cleaned the connectors at both the gen set and monitor panel. I’m getting power to the hours meter, so looks like I need to start looking for a bad ground.