Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2021, 01:32 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #21704
Slide out seal-when open-machine screws are breaking and the rubber seal is hanging

I have the single slide Thor Quantum WS31.

Issue: the seal at the top of the inside wall is snapping the machine screws and hanging loose from the back of the driver seat to over the microwave.

Th rubber is mounted on a board and is attached by machine screws to the inside of that wall. So when the slide extends it will properly seal when open.

The threaded anchors that attach, using machine screws, are snapped off and the broken section of the screw is still in the anchor on the wall.

Any suggestions.

I don't want the wood to rip the rubber roofing on the slide and cause more damage. Also I feel with this seal not mounted properly that the generator fumes may seep into the house as the area is not sealed.

I as thinking of gluing, screwing new holes and attaching to the wall, or find a way to remove the broken pieces from the anchors.

I'm not sure if I screw directly into the wall if it will hold as I have no clue if the is wood framing behind that part

Thanks for any help/suggestions to help me decide how to get this fixed.

Ed