Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-20-2020, 11:05 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Kentucky
THOR #16261
Lost!!! Help

Hey everyone I'm the owner of a 2003 hurricane 33 sl ,since all this covid19 , and I just purchased my RV last fall , I had not been out this yr, I had my generator running and it died , now will not start and run or should I say will start right up for a sec and die. Also the power for the radio and backup camera does not have power on the red wire , has 12v on memory yellow wire. All other power ports, cigarette lighter , still have power. When checking fuses in the bcc all have power but the bottom 4 on the right side , and I know for sure they did before. Is there somewhere I can get a wiring schematic for my RV? Thanks for any help.

Old 06-20-2020, 11:14 PM   #2

Model: vegas 24.1
State: Nevada
THOR #17346
my generator will not run if fuel (gas) tank is 1/4 or less. what's your fuel level?
Old 06-20-2020, 11:18 PM   #3

State: Kentucky
THOR #16261
I have 3/4 tank of fuel , if I push and hold the start button it will stay running until I release the switch and dies.
Old 06-20-2020, 11:41 PM   #4

State: California
THOR #19275
On your onan it's your regulator do NOT TRY TO MAKE THE ENGINE RUN it is supposed to run at 60 Hertz it is governed when the regulator goes out the engine will start run for1 to 2 seconds shut down this is a safety feature so you dont burn out the stator the part that looks like a alternator
Old 06-21-2020, 12:15 AM   #5

Model: Vegas Windsport Chateau C
State: Texas
THOR #14643
Worn out brushes. Simple to replace on the two cylinder gens. You might get lucky with a cheap easy fix.
Old 06-21-2020, 12:27 AM   #6
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Check your generator shutdown codes.
The radio needs 12 VDC from the house batteries/DC Buss. If not plugged into shore power make sure your USE/STORE switch is in USE.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 02:14 AM   #7

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcolonel69 View Post
Hey everyone I'm the owner of a 2003 hurricane 33 sl ,since all this covid19 , and I just purchased my RV last fall , I had not been out this yr, I had my generator running and it died , now will not start and run or should I say will start right up for a sec and die. Also the power for the radio and backup camera does not have power on the red wire , has 12v on memory yellow wire. All other power ports, cigarette lighter , still have power. When checking fuses in the bcc all have power but the bottom 4 on the right side , and I know for sure they did before. Is there somewhere I can get a wiring schematic for my RV? Thanks for any help.
How about other 12v HOUSE items (like lights, fans, etc,) Everything you mentioned are CHASSIS 12v power. If you dont have ceiling lights, check your USE/STORE switch.
Old 06-22-2020, 03:36 AM   #8

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcolonel69 View Post

I am not sure which version of BCC you have in your 2003 but I am attaching a 2006 BCC schematic which still applies to my 2013 ACE. The radio fusing is noted on the bottom center area (both radio memory and actual radio fusing are there). Not sure what the bottom four fuses refer to but on the schematic it might be P5 connections.....if this info even jives with your coach. Hope it helps you out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV Custom Products Schematic.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	24373   Click image for larger version

Name:	BCC cct Board.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	24374  

Old 06-22-2020, 08:41 PM   #9

State: Ohio
THOR #13130
BCC Troubleshooting Video

I posted a troubleshooting video on my YouTube channel. It's an hour long, but contains a lot of detail. It may help, depending on which version of the BCC you have. I go over the theory of operation with schematics. Click here to view it.