Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2020, 08:08 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Hampshire
THOR #5819
Schwintec slide questions re: 2013 Siesta

Greetings-- I know this subject has been beaten to death, but I'm still confused. I've watched the Lippert videos but I'm unable to apply what I see to my rig. My goal is to be able to troubleshoot it if I have a failure on the road.

1) Where is the control box and does anybody publish an algorithm for rebooting or synchronization?

2) I can't figure out how to access the motor, bearings and gears-- what might I be not getting.

3) What's under the slide that rides on the plastic tracks?

My rear slide works but there's some groaning from one side that worries me. I'd like to hear your stories about how you either prevented problems or managed them.

Thanks, Peter

Old 09-20-2020, 11:55 PM   #2

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Schwintec slide questions re: 2013 Siesta

Good for you wanting to be preemptive in understanding and maintaining your slides. I don’t have your model so I can’t much help on the location of your slide controller. Often they are in outside compartments maybe even on the ceiling of one of them. But I’m sure someone who actually knows will respond here.

I believe there are nylon rollers that ride on the plastic strips. Don’t be afraid to pull back the seals and look.

On the slide motors you need to get a step ladder and get up close on the top of each end of the slide.. Peel back the seal and you’ll find the motor(s). And you’ll be able to see part of the gear block. I suggest you try lifting the motors and manually pushing in the slide. Once you’ve done it you’ll never again have any anxiety over a slide failure. And it’s surprisingly easy. I carry a foldable step ladder so I can do it in the field.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:31 AM   #3

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
I have a 2018 Thor Siesta 24SS and the control box is inside the outdoor compartment on the driver's side. It should be on the interior wall of the compartment on the left looking into the compartment. The connectors are on the bottom plugged into it. One plug for each set of motors. If there is an issue with the motors/wire harness a series of blinking lights will occur that indicate the possible problem. If you need to manually push the slide back into the closed position, just unplug the motor and with some help you can manually push it back into place. That disconnects the motor brake and allows the slide to move freely. Just remember to plug it back in before driving as the motor brake is disabled until plugged back into place.

Paul