Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 01-11-2016, 12:42 PM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick104 View Post
Just bought a 2016 Axis 24.1 and it has one slide. I did not get any documents with my Thor package of booklets . Do they come with any printed materials that cover what to do if you have to emergency retract one ? Somewhere I remember reading about blinking lights and codes but I think that was in the very generic Thor manual that came in my black packet bag from Thor. I noticed that the electric bunk that drops down from over the cockpit seats moves on the same type rails as the slide out. Is this a Schwintec system also ? Thanks . Nick104 in TN
Nick,

The overhead bunk is a Schwintek and uses the same components as the slide rooms.

The blinking lights are on the controller which is generally located on the ceiling of a storage compartment below the slide. The red flashes between the green flashes are the error code.

Here is a pic of what you are looking for.

Click image for larger version

Name:	slide contoller.JPG
Views:	331
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	1256

If you send me a PM with email address I can send you the Schwintek owner's manual. At over 7 MB the manual is too large for attaching to the forum.

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:59 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 33SW, Diesel
State: Washington
THOR #3195
Nick if you don't have any information go to Lippert Components and download the manual for your slide. Or have Dave send it got you,
Old 01-11-2016, 03:50 PM   #23

Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: Connecticut
THOR #3421
How about general maintanence, is there anything that we can do to prevent issues?
Old 01-11-2016, 04:18 PM   #24

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
This explains it pretty well.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:17 PM   #25

Model: Four Winds 33SW, Diesel
State: Washington
THOR #3195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobm1964 View Post
How about general maintanence, is there anything that we can do to prevent issues?
In addition to the video above, I clean the top of the slide unit regularly from inside of the motorhome, as you can't really get to to with the cover on the outside. I wash it, then I spray it with "303". I also make sure the sides are always clean and waxed. Other than that, follow the procedure for operating - always.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:06 PM   #26

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Anyone know where the bunk controller is located for a 2015 Vegas 24.1? Dave said it is usually on the ceiling of the storage compartment below the bunk. I've looked everywhere and can't find it. Only found the type C2 controller for the slide in the storage compartment under the driver's seat. The bunk controller? That location is a mystery to me.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:19 PM   #27
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
Anyone know where the bunk controller is located for a 2015 Vegas 24.1? Dave said it is usually on the ceiling of the storage compartment below the bunk. I've looked everywhere and can't find it. Only found the type C2 controller for the slide in the storage compartment under the driver's seat. The bunk controller? That location is a mystery to me.
For the slides it is in a storage compartment. For my bunk the controller is in the cabinet that is attached to the drop down bunk and over the drivers seat/dash board.
FMCA - F432054
Old 01-11-2016, 07:28 PM   #28

THOR #2601
That's my problem Dave, I have a Vegas 24.1. No cabinet like in the challenger. There doesn't appear to be many places in that bunk area where it could be.

I wonder if it is attached to the bottom of the bunk plywood under the padded trim and decorative ceiling piece. I didn't remove the TV above the door. Wonder if it is behind the TV.

I'm not having a problem -- just want to be prepared if one turns up in the future.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
Old 01-11-2016, 07:38 PM   #29
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker
I wonder if it is attached to the bottom of the bunk plywood under the padded trim and decorative ceiling piece. I didn't remove the TV above the door. Wonder if it is behind the TV.
I don't think its behind the TV. I've had ours off and there wasn't any controller there.

Our bunk has a ton of padded trim around the ceiling my guess is that its in there somewhere.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:51 PM   #30
Site Team

THOR #1469
Have you looked in the cabinet over the sink? From pictures I see what appears to be a wiring harness running from behind the TV to the front area of the coach. Again, I am only looking at pictures on dealer's web sites so what I'm seeing is limited at best.

Don't you love trying to find the buried treasure?
FMCA - F432054
Old 01-11-2016, 08:26 PM   #31
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Good idea: Follow the harness. Ours has a wire bundle that connects to the bunk next to the TV and then runs behind the TV..hmm have to see where that guy goes.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 09:02 PM   #32
Site Team

THOR #1469
Also, look at your electrical diagram for the coach. On my 12VDC diagram all controllers are indicated by a square box with the letters SC inside. This holds true for the bunk controller as well. The diagram for mine shows the bunk controller in the area of the driver's seat and since the diagrams are one dimensional it takes some looking in the area but it is where it is in the general area where displayed on the diagram.
FMCA - F432054
Old 01-11-2016, 09:10 PM   #33

THOR #2601
Agree with Jamie -- I think it's somewhere under the padding. Been up in the kitchen cabinet -- not there. Saw the wire harness for the lift to the left of the tv above door. That's why I thought it might be behind tv, but Jamie had his tv down and its not there. Will take a look at the wiring diagram.

Looks like it's time for an email to Thor customer service. This Easter egg hunt is getting tedious.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
Old 01-11-2016, 09:21 PM   #34

THOR #2601
Looked at wiring fiagram. Only the slide controller is on drawing. Just sent email to Thor customer service.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
Old 01-12-2016, 12:05 AM   #35
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
On my Hurricane - the bunk controller is located right behind the panel where the switch activates it... (which is inside the 'media closet' with the TV switch, etc) Remove 4 screws to get access to the flashing lights. Was thinking of a small clear insert to make that visible inside the closet for when it fails...
It has already given me issues going up once... Took multiple attempt returning to full down to get the bunk up (drivers side moved a few inches up and stopped). After that I found the controller. Of course since then has worked fine. Added to the list of intermittent failures the dealer will never be able to reproduce.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:11 AM   #36

State: Tennessee
THOR #3372
Swintek Slides

Thanks neelice- I found the info I was looking for on the internet and printed off the info about trouble shooting the slide AND the part about not moving the slide all the way out and all the way in. Hopefully that will prevent a lot of problems. So far I have not had any problems with the slide. I appreciate your comments. Thanks Nick104 in Chattanooga. Chattanooga Camping World told me today they sell more RV's and Trailers than any other Camping World in The USA. Took them 7 hours to fix 4 minor warranty problems with my Thor Axis 24.1 even though they were not busy. They did a professional job.

Tags
schwintek, slideouts