Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2016, 12:59 AM   #41

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Craig,

Yours may be "Borg" and resistance is futile (sorry, Star Trek reference)! Wow, a 2016.5 with a 2014 Front Cap??? Other than good luck I do not know what else to say.

Have you tried contacting THor's Owner Directly with a snail mail letter? I did and it worked for me. His name and address are:
Robert W. Martin
CEO, President and Director Thor Industries Inc.
601 East Beardsley Avenue
Elkhart, IN 46514-3305

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:58 AM   #42

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: California
THOR #3552
Quote:
When I measure the windshield on my 2016.5 Axis it is 56"x79"
My Axis is a 2016.5 (off the line late Feb) and it has a 56" tall windshield. It also looks like the photo of the smaller windshield (the top of the window is below the side windows). Anyone with a 2014/15 be willing to measure the windshield?
Old 06-22-2016, 06:30 AM   #43

Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
If you bought your's in December 2015, you were just on the cusp of the changeover from the 2015 and 2016 Axis years. When I got mine in February, there were four on the lot and two were large windshield and two were the new small version. Since I did not know at that time that Thor was switching to E-450's I did not know to check what chassis each was built on, the only thing I was looking for was the new 6spd transmission. Since Thor uses up all the old 2015 parts before starting on the 2016, it seems likely that you got one if the first 2016 E-450 chassis, but they still had not used up all the 2015 caps, so you got a 2015 cap on a 2016 E-450 chassis. If it were a postage stamp, it might be worth lots of money. Since it is a Thor RV, you just got a unique model. All RV manufactures have a disclaimer that specifications can change at any time. That protects them from "mixtures" from year model to year model.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:18 PM   #44

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Craig,

We got ours 30May15, it was listed as a 2016 Vegas 24.1 but it has the E350 Chassis dated 2015. We have the big windshield. So it was one of the real early 2016 models.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 10:07 PM   #45

State: Colorado
THOR #4179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Any thoughts on why some owners have already experienced two cracked windshields while others haven't cracked at all?

If probability of failure was rather low, and also fairly random, I wouldn't expect a few owners to have experience two failures already.

It seems to me that the problem must extend beyond the glass itself.
Well I just had my windshield replaced and the guys at the Glass Doctor shop who replaced my "new" Vegas 24.2 cracked windshield told me that the cracked one was not the original and that it was installed incorrectly and was done poorly. Since my RV is "new", I'm thinking the original one must have cracked between the factory during delivery to the Camping World dealership or while sitting on their lot and that CW had their service dept. try to replace the original. As I mentioned in an earlier post, there were no out of pocket costs for me.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:54 AM   #46

THOR #3845
Brought our 2015 Vegas 24.2 back from CW today after windshield installation. I swear they made some support changes as from inside the glass seems smaller. From outside looks the same. My tech was off on Saturday so unable to discuss, but will soon, and relay to forum what I learn. Just for smiles, however, caught a rock on way home. Small chip and Safelite is scheduled to repair Monday.

All other small warranty items taken care of.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:22 AM   #47

THOR #4179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splurge View Post
Brought our 2015 Vegas 24.2 back from CW today after windshield installation. I swear they made some support changes as from inside the glass seems smaller. From outside looks the same. My tech was off on Saturday so unable to discuss, but will soon, and relay to forum what I learn. Just for smiles, however, caught a rock on way home. Small chip and Safelite is scheduled to repair Monday.

All other small warranty items taken care of.
Hi Splurge,
Glad to hear CW took care of all your issues. I'm hoping you are referring to the one in Golden. As a side note; I've never seen any Vegas models before I purchased mine about 2 months ago, but on our Wyoming/SD trip a couple of weeks ago, we seen three at Devil's Tower, and just today returning home to Grand Junction, we seen two more. It's good to see someone else (you) with another 24.2 that I can share/discuss specific information with.