Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2021, 12:42 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
That sucks. Have you found a good independent repair shop and gotten an estimate on the repair? At some point you’re going to have to let the anger and frustration go and move on. Good luck.

Old 08-20-2021, 05:21 PM   #42
Roo

State: California
THOR #21532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
That sucks. Have you found a good independent repair shop and gotten an estimate on the repair? At some point you’re going to have to let the anger and frustration go and move on. Good luck.
Yup, that is where I am at now... Coach is already being repaired as we speak. Initial estimate is $5k, we will see what the final bill is.

As much as I want to fight this with Thor and/or the warranty, just not sure it is worth the time, headaches and aggravation. Even if I got a lawyer and fought, there is still no guarantee I would win, now I would be out of pocket for lawyer and would still have to pay for the repairs. And I am pretty positive Thor and the warranty people can afford better/more lawyers than I.

As you said, sometimes it is better to just take it in the a$$ and move on. Thor wins again and I am sure that is what they are hoping for.....
Old 08-20-2021, 06:17 PM   #43
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo View Post
Yup, that is where I am at now... Coach is already being repaired as we speak. Initial estimate is $5k, we will see what the final bill is.

As much as I want to fight this with Thor and/or the warranty, just not sure it is worth the time, headaches and aggravation. Even if I got a lawyer and fought, there is still no guarantee I would win, now I would be out of pocket for lawyer and would still have to pay for the repairs. And I am pretty positive Thor and the warranty people can afford better/more lawyers than I.

As you said, sometimes it is better to just take it in the a$$ and move on. Thor wins again and I am sure that is what they are hoping for.....
Maybe see if it's covered under your auto/comprehensive since the extended warranty people won't cover it due to "structural" issues.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote