Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2022, 05:40 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34R
State: Texas
THOR #21191
Shower door rollers

2019 windsport 34r. Curved shower door. Appears I need a new roller as one keeps sticking as it goes around the curve preventing door from fully opening/closing. Anyone had similar problem? Know source for rollers? No spec sheet for shower or door in Thor database.
I have contacted Thor and waiting on their reply but figured someone must have had same problem. Thanks in advance

Old 01-26-2022, 11:36 AM   #2

Model: Miramar
State: California
THOR #22927
Call Thor or send them email. They can give you part number to search, or at local dealer.
Old 01-28-2022, 01:30 AM   #3

Model: 2016 Hurricane 27K
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Just a long shot, but you might try some silicone spray. Maybe someone has a better idea?
Mr Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 12:20 PM   #4

Model: Siesta 24SS
State: California
THOR #12698
You might try contacting a shower door shop in your area to look at it. They may be able to help you out and order what is needed?

Paul
Old 01-28-2022, 02:46 PM   #5

Model: Outlaw 38KB
THOR #23660
I am with Mr. Sunshine. Try silicone spray in the track. It might solve all your problems
Old 01-28-2022, 11:14 PM   #6

Model: Citation
THOR #8139
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1129Fran View Post
2019 windsport 34r. Curved shower door. Appears I need a new roller as one keeps sticking as it goes around the curve preventing door from fully opening/closing. Anyone had similar problem? Know source for rollers? No spec sheet for shower or door in Thor database.
I have contacted Thor and waiting on their reply but figured someone must have had same problem. Thanks in advance
Ours was doing the same thing.
After a little research with a screwdriver I found 1 loose screw on the track, the roller was hitting it

Let us know how it's going.
Old 02-10-2022, 12:57 AM   #7

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
I have a 2018 Thor Windsport 29m. I did not like those glass doors AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a curved shower curtain with the plastic curtain that folds up. I LOVE IT; it gives me more room at the top cause I'm 6'6" and wide. Very easy to clean and when they get a little dingy at the bottom, just order a new one. The first one lasted 3 years. Bob
Old 02-23-2022, 05:32 PM   #8

State: Georgia
THOR #14989
We have a Windsport 29m doing the same thing!
Old 02-24-2022, 03:13 PM   #9

Model: Windsport 34R
THOR #21191
to all who responded, thanks for comments and suggestions. I was able to fix the problem--here's the story. I contacted: Thor customer service but they didn't have all data I wanted, so then called Thor parts dept. They gave me the contact info for the door manufacturer and appropriate part #. (I think the Parts dept has all the info on all the components that go into each RV tracked by VIN). The shower door company had been bought/name changed so it took a couple calls. But once I got hold of the right company/person they were very helpful. Sent me the door installation instructions/diagrams so I could verify proper installation. They also sent me a kit (free) with plastic clips that attach to the roller axle and go inside the track to assist in guiding the roller around the curve. (they sent the first batch by US Postal service which never got delivered to me and then sent a second set up UPS which did get delivered--no cost to me). While waiting I also removed the door and cleaned all the soap scum etc from the roller (fix everything at one time) then reinstalled the door and then attached the guide clips. Now the door works perfectly--no hang up at all. And I have some extra clips "just in case". Entire effort took a couple phone calls, some patience and waiting for replies but once I had everything in hand the actual fix took about 1 1/2 minutes (less than typing this reply)! Bottomline: if you have similar problem contact the Parts Department, get the manufacturer contact info AND the part number. Then contact manufacturer for assistance.
Old 02-24-2022, 05:15 PM   #10
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
to all who responded, thanks for comments and suggestions. I was able to fix the problem--here's the story. I contacted: Thor customer service but they didn't have all data I wanted, so then called Thor parts dept. They gave me the contact info for the door manufacturer and appropriate part #. (I think the Parts dept has all the info on all the components that go into each RV tracked by VIN). The shower door company had been bought/name changed so it took a couple calls. But once I got hold of the right company/person they were very helpful. Sent me the door installation instructions/diagrams so I could verify proper installation. They also sent me a kit (free) with plastic clips that attach to the roller axle and go inside the track to assist in guiding the roller around the curve. (they sent the first batch by US Postal service which never got delivered to me and then sent a second set up UPS which did get delivered--no cost to me). While waiting I also removed the door and cleaned all the soap scum etc from the roller (fix everything at one time) then reinstalled the door and then attached the guide clips. Now the door works perfectly--no hang up at all. And I have some extra clips "just in case". Entire effort took a couple phone calls, some patience and waiting for replies but once I had everything in hand the actual fix took about 1 1/2 minutes (less than typing this reply)! Bottomline: if you have similar problem contact the Parts Department, get the manufacturer contact info AND the part number. Then contact manufacturer for assistance.
Thanks for returning to the thread with a very thorough update on your fix. This is what makes threads the most useful for others with similar problems.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Alternate Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote