Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2021, 10:11 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Magnitude XG32 4x4,
State: Utah
THOR #19682
Added Solar Panel and batteries, now no power

I'm in a pickle. I added two more 6v batteries on my Magnitude XG-32, and I added a solar panel. All buttoned up, wired in but no power to the inverter, and no power coming to the solar panel controller.

Here is another issue, when installing the battery, I did a split second arch with a wrench, when I grounded out a cable.

I checked the fuse panel, all good, I checked GFi all good, and then I found a small blue button on an SMP connector by the battery, and it was out, so I pushed it in, and no difference. I am going to see if there is a fuse in the inverter but I have no idea what I screwed up. My battery wiring is all good.

So the coach works on the Onan, and with shore power.

Help

Old 02-28-2021, 10:35 PM   #2

Model: Outlaw 29H Class C
State: California
THOR #7010
Sounds like you blew a fuse. I don’t know where they are on your coach, but if your batteries are under the stairs like my C, Thor probably mounted them on the side of the battery compartment. You have to crawl under to see them. They are resettable- swing the flag back in that’s popped.
Old 03-01-2021, 01:24 AM   #3

Model: Thor Magnitude XG32 4x4,
State: Utah
THOR #19682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickstand View Post
Sounds like you blew a fuse. I don’t know where they are on your coach, but if your batteries are under the stairs like my C, Thor probably mounted them on the side of the battery compartment. You have to crawl under to see them. They are resettable- swing the flag back in that’s popped.
There are 4 fuses in the battery compartment, they are links on the end of wires. I found a blown, 20A and that fixed the solar. I just can't find the one for the inverter. I still have no power for the inverter.
Old 03-01-2021, 03:12 PM   #4

Model: Outlaw 29H Class C
State: California
THOR #7010
Check for 12v power at the inverter end with a meter. For one test, put the ground probe on the inverter ground lug, and a second test grounding direct to the frame. A 12v reading to the frame but not to the lug means your fuses are fine but there’s an issue with the inverter ground connection. If there’s power at both, you still might have a reset on your inverter itself (lookup your manual- my Xantrex is a button on its side). If there no voltage there at all, you may still have a fuse issue at battery end. Thor hides fuses better than the Where’s Waldo illustrators. Can you isolate the + 12v cable between the inverter and battery? Check +12v on each lug of the inverter fuse, ground to frame- if power on only one side of fuse then reset fuse and try again.