Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2018, 06:27 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Arizona
THOR #11568
One other thing to check. My slide on the Aria 3901 caught out about 14”. After some checking, I noticed a carriage bolt head sticking thru the metal slide & catching the roller. The bolt is under the couch and holds the seatbelt. I tightened it and pulled it above the slide plate & double nutted it so it should not happen again.

Old 07-18-2018, 11:00 PM   #22

Model: A.C.E. 29.4
State: Delaware
THOR #9121
I like the camping out at Thor idea. I'm on the road in South Dakota now, and could catch them on the way back east.

As far as accessing the roller plate: All I have to do is reposition the plate so the roller doesn't "fall" off the plate. Thor screwed it in the wrong place. The problem I'm having is that even with the slide all the way out, I can't get to that area. The floor of the slide DOES NOT go all the way to the edge of the coach, and it's smack in the middle of that. I'll try to attach a pic which shows the slide extended and showing the floor of the slide remaining about 2 feet in the coach (under dining table).
FMCA F453754
cconnorrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 06:30 PM   #23

Model: ACE 29.4 (2016)
State: Colorado
THOR #3102
I have an 2016 Ace 29.4 that has this exact same problem of one slide plate being to short and coming of the roller when the slide is fully extended.

It is so tight I can't figure out a way to get the last 2 screws off.

How did you get the plate moved to the correct place?
Old 03-17-2021, 12:08 AM   #24

State: Texas
THOR #20701
The slide will have to be completely removed from the RV to install a longer plate. Sorry, but that will have to happen
Old 03-17-2021, 12:59 AM   #25

Model: ACE 29.3
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #20468
Quote:
Originally Posted by normpaul@aol.com View Post
I have an 2016 Ace 29.4 that has this exact same problem of one slide plate being to short and coming of the roller when the slide is fully extended.

It is so tight I can't figure out a way to get the last 2 screws off.

How did you get the plate moved to the correct place?
Can you get a flat pry bar under the plate and pry loose the last 2 screws? The screws are in cheap pressed board.
Old 03-17-2021, 01:13 AM   #26

State: Texas
THOR #20701
It might be possible to relocate the roller so that it stays under the plate. My guess is they installed the roller in the wrong spot. If you pry the plate off, you'll won't be able to screw a new one on as there is not enough clearance.
Old 03-17-2021, 06:15 PM   #27

Model: ACE 29.4 (2016)
State: Colorado
THOR #3102
The plate was installed wrong (too far out). Since the slide has 4 plates and this one was installed with the roller off the plate, it has been bearing a higher amount of the weight of the slide when it comes in and bumps up onto the plate. I don't like the stress that is putting on that one roller.

So I have decided to remove the plate (I popped it off the 2 screw heads I couldn't get to as suggested by another post) and let it roll without the plate on that one. It was already doing that on half of the travel of the slide movement anyway.

No more catching as the slide comes in so it is "fixed".

I have kept the plate to install later in the correct place if I want to.