Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2018, 09:32 PM   #1

State: Arizona
THOR #7580
Tpms battery question

I have a tpms for the MH and toad. Normally remove sensors from the toad to preserve the batteries, but not MH. Regularly having to replace batteries. Wondering what others do?

Old 08-13-2018, 10:29 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #4366
We have factory TPMS on our dinghy while the batteries are removable they last between 8 and 10 years. Would think aftermarket systems would be similar.
Wrangler JK dinghy
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:57 PM   #3

THOR #7580
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubjaysnest View Post
We have factory TPMS on our dinghy while the batteries are removable they last between 8 and 10 years. Would think aftermarket systems would be similar.

Thanks for responding. Apparently that is not the case with after market systems. I could remove them between trips, but would prefer not to.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:40 AM   #4

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanford View Post
I have a tpms for the MH and toad. Normally remove sensors from the toad to preserve the batteries, but not MH. Regularly having to replace batteries. Wondering what others do?

The sensors on ours last 1 - 2 years. The newer sensors are supposed to last longer. We hav eezrv.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:20 PM   #5

Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
THOR #1287
Change out 2X per year

We have a Tireminder system and because it is kept here in Florida's heat we need to change the batteries every 6-7 months. System uses button batteries. Tireminder has provided a range of battery replacement programs in the past, not sure what the current one is. It is important to change the rubber o-ring seal when the battery is changed.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:14 PM   #6

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
We use the eezrv tire monitor system on coach and Honda CRV toad and have been happy with it to date. The factory batteries lasted about 2 seasons and I just replaced them all this Spring with a coin cell purchase off Amazon. One or two sensors were starting to not register so I replaced all for safety sake; and back in business. In the Fall I remove all sensors (put them in the original box) and go back to standard valve caps through Winter. I leave the batteries in the sensors over Winter....they don’t seem to degrade much at all when no air pressure is present, but I think there is likely some “very small” parasitic current flow. I have not tried to measure the current though......the coin batteries are cheap.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:36 PM   #7

THOR #7580
Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:22 PM   #8

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
We use the eezrv tire monitor system on coach and Honda CRV toad and have been happy with it to date. The factory batteries lasted about 2 seasons and I just replaced them all this Spring with a coin cell purchase off Amazon. One or two sensors were starting to not register so I replaced all for safety sake; and back in business. In the Fall I remove all sensors (put them in the original box) and go back to standard valve caps through Winter. I leave the batteries in the sensors over Winter....they don’t seem to degrade much at all when no air pressure is present, but I think there is likely some “very small” parasitic current flow. I have not tried to measure the current though......the coin batteries are cheap.

When I had occasion to call EEZ support the tech suggested removing them during long periods of inactivity and storing them in an egg carton. I thought it was a good idea since I did not keep my original box.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:45 PM   #9

Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Louisiana
THOR #4843
My batteries last about 1 year. Easy to change. Easier for me to change batteries annually than to remove the units a dozen times to save a few pennies.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:19 PM   #10

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
I take mine off between trips but leave them on during the entire trip. I think I remember reading that they shut down when off the tire (no pressure) to save battery

we're mostly doing weekends and long weekends, around about once every 4-8 weeks roughly

I've found that generally my batteries are not lasting the year.... I haven't taken note exactly, but my gut is telling me roughly 8 months typically, maybe 10.
and the problem is when i change them I usually need to replace the o-ring seal too...and it's an odd small size that so far I haven't found except from TST....pain in the neck.

I've been thinking lately that I really wonder if the sensors with factory replaceable batteries that last longer would be a better way to go. I feel like all the removing and installing is causing other wear and tear on the little nub that engages the valve stem
Old 12-28-2018, 10:11 PM   #11

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: New Jersey
THOR #3292
EEZ TPMS sensor icon deleted

I need your help. One of my tire icon is missing or deleted. Can any one tell me how i can get the ICON back.
Thanks and Happy New Year
Old 12-28-2018, 11:17 PM   #12
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
First: you'd better make sure that nobody stole a wheel off your rig!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 11:38 PM   #13

THOR #2631
Assuming the tire is still there make sure the tire sensor is still on the tire too. How long have the batteries been in service on the tire sensors? I get about 2 full seasons out of a set of sensor batteries, but I remove the sensors each Fall and reinstall them each Spring......so a full timer probably a year+ I would expect.

Is the EEZ tire monitor scrolling through the tires OK and then when it hits the "missing sensor" tire you hear a short beep with no readings shown and then it continues on to the next tire? If yes, I find it is usually a battery starting to fail so the transmit distance is starting to be reduced to the receiver. You can verify the sensor is still good by moving the monitor panel closer to the dropped sensor. It should register again within a few minutes. If not then removal of the sensor and battery replacement usually does the trick. So far (several years now) we have never had a sensor actually fail, but like anything electronic they certainly can fail.
Old 12-29-2018, 02:54 AM   #14

THOR #3292
Batteries all replaced and Amp over 3.2

Here is my problem:Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0937.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	14799

Tire4 Icon is missing or deleted . How can I recover the Tire4 icon?

Thanks for your replay.
Old 12-29-2018, 03:54 AM   #15

THOR #2631
Ok, it looks like you have deleted that tire somehow and since I am not an EEZ TPMS expert, I "suspect" you will probably have to relearn that wheel/tire position and its associated EEZ sensor back into the system. It is best to refer to the attached video on UTube for that whole process.....but I think you should only need to re-enter the missing wheel/tire position by going into the program mode first as if you were starting the whole process and stepping to the missing position with +/- buttons. Probably the global high and low settings you set originally would still be there (not sure) and you would have to just relearn the sensor code back into the monitor. Note the attached link advises that there is one sensor type that requires being on the tire in order for it to register with the monitor.....so you might have to leave it on the tire and take the monitor out to the wheel/tire to redo the registration process if you have that sensor type. Hope this is helpful.

Old 12-29-2018, 04:03 AM   #16

THOR #2631
Seems the previous link did not work for me.....it is the EEZ company video on configuring a new system and is probably the best one to view in terms of accuracy and completeness. Trying the link again in case my copy paste screwed up. If it still does not work check Utube directly yourself with the link info or go to the EEZ web site for the video/info. Your manual should also describe the process.

Old 12-29-2018, 06:06 PM   #17

THOR #3292
I tried and tried It didnt work. I watched the videos, it didnt showed if a tire icon missing how to regain it.

I t must be very simple process,but unfortunately I keep missing the instructions.

Next week will contact factory again. I will inform.
Thanks for your help
Old 12-29-2018, 06:16 PM   #18

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
They do have an excellent customer service to aid with problems that occur. Should be able to get you fixed up.
Old 12-29-2018, 06:27 PM   #19

THOR #3292
Yes, I do that.
Thanks and Happy New Year
Old 12-29-2018, 09:22 PM   #20

THOR #2631
The video and manual can be a bit overwhelming with info and the actual adding of sensors onto the monitor unit starts about 9 minutes into the video. It is probably best to talk with EEZ RV tech support as they will be able to advise you with specific procedures.

On the EEZ tire T515 system (if that's what you have) I thought all you would have to do is turn on the monitor unit; let it stabilize; and take it out and place it physically close to the specific wheel sensor that is associated with the non registering wheel/tire on your monitor display. Push the code button for 3 seconds until all 22 tires show up on the monitor. The right front tire should be flashing. Push the + button momentarily to step through each tire location until you get to the tire position that is missing on your display (so flashing tire icon should now be in the tire location that is missing on your monitor). I expect you probably will see FFF FFF on the monitor (not sure), which means no sensor is assigned to that wheel/tire. As you hold the monitor unit close to that sensor, within 30 seconds the sensor should register its code onto the monitor display and there should be a short beep tone. If not, you "may" have to unscrew the sensor off the valve stem and then put it back on the valve stem to get the sensor to register.
Once the sensor has re-registered into that tire position, you should be able to hold the code button in for 6 seconds until you hear a long beep. The monitor should now look like your rig setup (all required tires showing in the display)....including the missing tire now showing as well. That’s what I would try, but my instructions could be out to lunch.