Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2023, 01:00 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2021 Thor Aria 38 ft
State: Colorado
THOR #16581
Question Propane issue

I purchased a 2021 new Thor Aria motorhome with tankless water heater. We are snowbirds that try to stay warm. I believe we have had this issue since we bought it just did not see the problem until we got snow in California this year.

The problem is the furnace recycles on and off for as long as I have it on. The timing of the recycle seems to slightly increase the colder it is? Thought it was just furnace problem, like the limit switch. We almost always use heat pump for heat since we try to say where weather is above 40. But noticed that the water temp would not go above 106. I went outside by the tankless vent and heard it also recycling. I know we have had the water temp higher than that before, but we shower at 103 and wife usually just heats water in microwave for kitchen since it is so far from tankless water heater. The furnace and water heater are the only appliances that use propane.

I plan on calling a mobile RV guy to fix it just want to get educated to what it might be. Although I love working these issues out myself, I generally call the professionals for major electric or gas issues. I am purchasing a manometer and going to do more research.

After reading some threads I will check for kinked lines.
My thoughts is regulator needs adjusting or replacing or there is crap in the propane tank?

Any suggestions what to look for will be appreciated.