Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-21-2020, 11:20 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor freedom elite 30fe
State: Arizona
THOR #14244
Slide issue

2019 Freedom elite 30fe
Right side of Bunkhouse slide gets jammed when extending (maybe slightly out of synce)...it there a way to adjust it or if anyone has other input.
TIA!

Old 07-22-2020, 01:36 AM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahood View Post
2019 Freedom elite 30fe
Right side of Bunkhouse slide gets jammed when extending (maybe slightly out of synce)...it there a way to adjust it or if anyone has other input.
TIA!
Pressing the extend/retract switch twice in rapid succession will synchronize the motors. Removing 12 volt power from the controller and the motors will be synchronize when electricity is returned to the controller Stalling the motors and end of travel for 3 to 5 seconds will synchronize the motors. Usually if the slide gets cocked there is debris under one of the rollers.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 03:24 AM   #3

State: Washington
THOR #6433
Hopefully it’s just out of sync but on ours I made the mistake of putting the slides out while not level and bent some of rollers. Stupid mistake make sure yours isn’t scrapping the floor. Pretty easy to tell if the flooring is getting torn.
Old 07-23-2020, 04:16 PM   #4

THOR #14244
Thank you very much...will try it this weekend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Pressing the extend/retract switch twice in rapid succession will synchronize the motors. Removing 12 volt power from the controller and the motors will be synchronize when electricity is returned to the controller Stalling the motors and end of travel for 3 to 5 seconds will synchronize the motors. Usually if the slide gets cocked there is debris under one of the rollers.
Old 07-23-2020, 04:16 PM   #5

THOR #14244
Thank you very much..will check it out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Washington View Post
Hopefully it’s just out of sync but on ours I made the mistake of putting the slides out while not level and bent some of rollers. Stupid mistake make sure yours isn’t scrapping the floor. Pretty easy to tell if the flooring is getting torn.
Old 05-04-2023, 03:21 PM   #6

Model: Challenger
State: Michigan
THOR #5237
Slide out hung up

FYI Had an issue with my bunk slide out only extending about 1" on the forward side then stalling out. Really struggled to find the cause...even paid an emergency rv service to diagnose with no luck. To keep it short, I discovered that one of the forward upper track screws had backed out and was interfering with roller. Reset the screw (added loctite) and the problem was resolved.
Something I need to include in my preventative maintenance plan.
Old 05-04-2023, 03:23 PM   #7

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
I actually found a plastic partial broom handle under mine. And it’s wasn’t ours!