Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-05-2022, 08:18 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.2
State: California
THOR #18202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in Redlands View Post
There is a third wire (set of 4) that I don't know where it goes. I emailed Lippert and whether or not I get a response, I will be verifying the routing.
I followed the third wire to a dead end. It is not connected to anything - just cut. The end at the controller has a connector similar to the ones for the slide motors but it was not plugged into anything. It was tucked behind a wire bundle. I am the second owner, perhaps there was a similar repair in the past? Go figure?

Going to Ace Hardware for shrink tubing and will splice the wires, adding a section of conduit through the bins and, hopefully, all will be well before the sun sets today.

Old 02-06-2022, 02:36 PM   #22

Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Arizona
THOR #14921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in Redlands View Post
I found the problem between the two stowage areas under the slide. Three wires pass thru the areas and under the floor between them. They have been ripped apart right at the point they exit the first stowage area toward the second. I can't imagine the force that would require but can only assume it was the result of something snagging the wires as it was pulled out. The wires ripped at the point they pass through the wall of the stowage area which is rather sharp.

Each wire is the same type so it will be a challenge to figure out which pairs match up.
We’ve had mice and pack rats eat up wiring like that. A friend in the Wire Business tells me that it is more common these days since many manufacturers will use wire that’s jacketed in plastic produced of Soy products. This was to address the world’s concern of using petroleum to produce plastic. I have a coupla pics, but not on this device - but they ate up a bunch of wiring on my F150 (ate the wire too!) and it looked just like that. I’ll see about getting a coupla pics for comparison...
Midlothian, TX / Gold Canyon, AZ
Big-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 03:03 PM   #23

Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Arizona
THOR #14921
Rat chewed wiring examples - my F150

I was able to save it without replacing the $900 harness...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4A368E0C-097C-4778-AD99-3E300D4B6740.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	36038   Click image for larger version

Name:	A7B6BDD8-0C50-4F7A-8E49-E262D206236D.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	36039  

Click image for larger version

Name:	5F20D961-689C-4B6D-B16B-A56CC3F77547.jpg