Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2020, 02:20 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Kansas
THOR #12311
Slide lock

I have a 2015 ACE 27.1. Having problems with the wall slide, first it started to inch Out while on the road usually a couple of inches. I know I held the button down when retracting to synchronize the motors, didn’t help, bought a couple slide locks to hold in the slide while driving and it still slides out and jams the locks enough it’s hard to release them.Now I have to retract the slide to release the locks , then sometimes one end will get in a bind and stop . So now the procedure is too run it in to the stop, hold the button 5-10 seconds which should sync the motors but sometimes I have to run it in and out a time or two. Am I looking at replacing both motors since neither will lock or hold the slide in.

Old 04-29-2020, 01:48 PM   #2

State: Indiana
THOR #1198
Thank you for sharing this experience. Our Customer Support team can be reached directly at 877-855-2867 (Mon-Thurs. 8-5 and Fri. 8-4) or you can email me directly at TMCTeam@tmcrv.com. You can also message me the last 8 of your VIN, Phone number and Email, and I will have one of our Customer Support team members contact you.
Old 04-30-2020, 12:09 AM   #3

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8180
On a 2015 coach I’m not familiar with the motor application with regard to the system. What I mean to say is on our 2017 ACE 30.2 the motors act as the brakes to anchor the slide in place. Unplugging them from the control module releases the brake ( no voltage to the coil) and you could move the slide manually... well not mine as it’s 25ft long. [emoji23]. There is likely a voltage applied to the torque motor at rest where the motor acts as a brake. If it’s not receiving this signal the motors won’t lock into place and the slide could move. If the slide moves on both ends equally it’s unlikely both motors are bad?? But if the controller isn’t sending a control voltage to the motors to energize the coil when fully withdrawn it would equally effect both motors. If it was a motor issue and unlikely both at the same time then one would lock in place and the other being bad would allow that end of the slide to move.
This small coil voltage would likely not have any effect on the slides intended movement since this voltage bypasses a shunt and applies full voltage to both motors when you want to move the slide. Assuming your slide moves as it should when you want it to. (Hope I didn’t not read that part)
Just my theory having dealt with torque motors.