Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2020, 01:18 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #17531
Slide ot in sync. Does not complete the open phase or close phase at same time.

2018 Thor 24ft Freedom Elite on Sprinter Chasis
My slide sometimes stops on the beginning of the open or close. One side starts or finishes before the other. If it stops and I go back and forth a few inches it will complete the task. Tried syncing them in and out on the open and close side by repeating 8 inches of movement both ways. Didn't work.
Any advice for a beginner.
Steve

Old 01-07-2020, 01:28 PM   #2

Model: Windsport 34E
State: North Carolina
THOR #13360
Maybe I'm not understanding the way you are syncing them.The 8" commend confused me. The way I understand it should be done is to run the slide out fully then back in fully. Complete the sync several times for the motors to learn the stop points. Always keep the button pushed for 3-5 seconds after the slide is fully in/out.
Old 01-07-2020, 01:51 PM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHook View Post
Maybe I'm not understanding the way you are syncing them.The 8" commend confused me. The way I understand it should be done is to run the slide out fully then back in fully. Complete the sync several times for the motors to learn the stop points. Always keep the button pushed for 3-5 seconds after the slide is fully in/out.
Not correct. The OP had it right:

To the OP: You may have a failing slide motor where the brushes are making intermittent contact. I had this problem and had to replace one of my slide motors.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 01:57 PM   #4

Model: Windsport 34E
State: North Carolina
THOR #13360
Well I was half right, sorry for the incorrect information. I should have checked the video 1st
Old 01-08-2020, 12:42 AM   #5

Model: 2016 Siesta Sprinter 24ST
THOR #2812
MTHook- I'm also sure that was the procedure. Schwintek has revised the procedure at some point. My 2016, on PDI the tech went over that procedure and I remember someone had a problem and posted the full extend/retract schwintek video.
The tech did say it was important to stall the motors out 3-4 seconds at full throw to keep them in time... works for me..
1972 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Hooligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 01:01 AM   #6
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan2 View Post
MTHook- I'm also sure that was the procedure. Schwintek has revised the procedure at some point. My 2016, on PDI the tech went over that procedure and I remember someone had a problem and posted the full extend/retract schwintek video.
The tech did say it was important to stall the motors out 3-4 seconds at full throw to keep them in time... works for me..
The video was posted in July 2014.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 01:04 AM   #7

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taijisteve View Post
2018 Thor 24ft Freedom Elite on Sprinter Chasis
My slide sometimes stops on the beginning of the open or close. One side starts or finishes before the other. If it stops and I go back and forth a few inches it will complete the task. Tried syncing them in and out on the open and close side by repeating 8 inches of movement both ways. Didn't work.
Any advice for a beginner.
Steve
If the an in-wall slide stops while holding the switch in, then the controller should be checked to see if there is a fault. While the slide is moving, the red/green LED will flash alternately very fast showing the controller it trying to keep the motors in sync. There are three ways to reset the slide controller: Press the extend/retract button twice with in one minute, remove the 12 volt power supply from the controller for a couple seconds and let the slide motors stall-out and continue to depress the extend/retract switch.

If the in-wall slide controller shows a fault, the controller can be put into emergency override which removes all the controller's safeguards and supplies current directly to the motors as long as the extend/retract switch is depressed.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide