Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2019, 12:23 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 30.2 Bunkhouse
State: Michigan
THOR #2780
TV above dining table fell

Today my wife was driving home after filling the gas tank the TV over the dining table fell. First, luckily no one was sitting at the table (the TV is pretty heavy) and secondly, the TV didn't break. We have just over 32,000 miles on it. All 6 screws holding the bracket to the wall came out with the bracket.

Using one of the bracket screws, my wife tried screwing just the screw back into the hole. When she pulled on the screw it came out. The screws look like self-tapping sheet metal screws. I'm assuming that is because they were screwed into an aluminum stud or frame work between the windows. I've asked Thor for a drawing showing stud location in the slide-out. I don't expect to hear back from them until Monday. In the mean time I'm curious if anyone has experienced this same issue and if so, what or how did you remount the TV? Also, can anyone confirm that aluminum studs are what the mounting bracket should be screwed in?

Thanks

Modified w/ a wheelchair lift
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote