Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2020, 02:14 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #19759
Thor ACE blower motor fuse

I have a 2016 ACE 30.2. The A/C blower just stopped while I was in the coach. Checked the fuses i could find, all good. Checked to see if power getting to the blower. No. Fuse #23 in the engine compartment good. In the Ford owners manual it shows a UPS power distribution box #2 with a blower motor fuse. Cannot find this fuse box (if it exists on my coach)

I have found 2 fuse boxes under the dash and 2 in the engine compartment. No blower motor fuse that I can find.

Hope someone knows where the hiding fusebox might be.

Old 07-23-2020, 04:19 AM   #2

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8180
I presume you’re referring to the AC at the dash not on the roof. If it doesn’t work on any speed possibly the blower motor resistor.
Old 07-23-2020, 09:03 AM   #3

THOR #19759
yes, the Dash air blower.

Russ
Old 07-23-2020, 11:23 PM   #4

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Ohio
THOR #989
The resister is located in the blower housing just left of the blower. If your dash is similar to the one in our '15 Windsport you may be able to reach the resister from the bottom of the dash on the passenger side. It will have a wire connector in the center and two small screws, (one on each side), that attach it to the housing. Unscrew those and it drops right out. The blower system is probably by Evans, not Ford.
Old 07-24-2020, 02:26 AM   #5

THOR #19759
ok, that would make sense. Got a wiring diagram. Fuse #23 ok in Engine Fuse box. Fuse box beside driver, ALL check out. Have two wiring diagrams for the driver side fuse box but neither match. unless there is another fuse box somewhere, I have ruled out the fuses. Checked the Relay R5 in the engine fuse box, works fine.

Finally this evening hooked a 12v battery up to the blower and that works. Probably should have started with that resistor.

More to come.
Old 03-12-2021, 07:24 PM   #6

State: California
THOR #21980
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ_lowe View Post
ok, that would make sense. Got a wiring diagram. Fuse #23 ok in Engine Fuse box. Fuse box beside driver, ALL check out. Have two wiring diagrams for the driver side fuse box but neither match. unless there is another fuse box somewhere, I have ruled out the fuses. Checked the Relay R5 in the engine fuse box, works fine.

Finally this evening hooked a 12v battery up to the blower and that works. Probably should have started with that resistor.

More to come.
Hi Russ, any luck fixing your issue last summer? I have a 2015 Thor ACE and I’m experiencing the same thing.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:52 PM   #7

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Just an FYI... there was a recall on the fan switch. If you turned the fan on high it could stop operating on any speed. Mine was replaced by my dealer just a few months after purchase in 2016.
Old 03-13-2021, 02:24 AM   #8

THOR #19759
Sorry I forgot to post the resolution. After fiddling with it for several days, I decided to use the extended warranty that transferred with the coach. I took it to a big truck service center that worked on RVs. It took forever to get the coach fixed. They found the problem and boy, am I glad I had the warranty. It ended up being the fuse box itself. Stupid expensive part and time$ consuming to replace it. A non repairable part that had to be replaced. Hope that is not your problem, probably the worst thing to go wrong. The repair was well over $1000 and even with the warranty I had to pay about $500. But, it is fixed now and all is good.

saying to live by "If you can throw money at it and fix it, it really isn't a problem"

Russ