Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-26-2021, 06:43 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #22335
slide out pump on 2004 four winds 5000

I've got a 2004 four winds 5000. How do I locate the hydraulic pump, or electric motor, that operates the slide.
How do I locate the lubrication points.
The slide is starting to stick.
Thanks for any help.

Old 02-28-2021, 08:22 PM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Welcome to the forum. I see no responses to you so far so until someone with specific knowledge of your coach responds, I can only suggest that you need to identify the manufacturer of your slide mechanism and then check on line if you can find any maintenance information on that specific system. With any luck you obtained some systems information when you purchased this coach, but if not, there are some general videos on UTube that show/discuss various slide systems. If you have no info at all, then you will probably have to crawl under the slide and see if you can identify the manufacturer/model specifics etc. While under the slide you may also be able to inspect the slide mechanism for any obvious signs of binding; broken or other obvious failure points. If you find some specific details on the slide, post them and other forum readers may be able to assist you with better more detailed information.
Old 03-13-2021, 03:40 PM   #3

State: North Carolina
THOR #22335
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
Welcome to the forum. I see no responses to you so far so until someone with specific knowledge of your coach responds, I can only suggest that you need to identify the manufacturer of your slide mechanism and then check on line if you can find any maintenance information on that specific system. With any luck you obtained some systems information when you purchased this coach, but if not, there are some general videos on UTube that show/discuss various slide systems. If you have no info at all, then you will probably have to crawl under the slide and see if you can identify the manufacturer/model specifics etc. While under the slide you may also be able to inspect the slide mechanism for any obvious signs of binding; broken or other obvious failure points. If you find some specific details on the slide, post them and other forum readers may be able to assist you with better more detailed information.
Thank you for your help.
Sorry for the late reply.
I really appreciate your suggestions,
Mike