Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-11-2020, 08:32 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #3169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
Can someone comment on the procedure to manually retract the slide? I'm not having an issue, but was curious for future reference.

Dan
Look on YouTube...

Old 03-11-2020, 08:35 PM   #22
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
Can someone comment on the procedure to manually retract the slide? I'm not having an issue, but was curious for future reference.

Dan
Sure Dan, here's my comment:

Goto the Lippert website and find the PDF manual for the slide control system you have.
Download the PDF to a USB drive.
Open the PDF and find the manual procedure. It may be a couple of pages long.
Print the applicable pages (might as well print the troubleshooting pages as well), and keep them in a binder in your RV.
Find the components and connectors referenced by the procedure. Make notes on your printed pages.

All of this is much easier to do at home BEFORE you are on the road and find yourself with a slide problem.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 08:51 PM   #23

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
[QUOTE All of this is much easier to do at home BEFORE you are on the road and find yourself with a slide problem.[/QUOTE]

X2! When my slide failed to come in one day I spent more than a hour wringing my hands and looking online for instructions on manual retract. At least it wasn’t dark. Or raining. Or when I needed to be somewhere else. The actual process was an easy one person operation and I was never again fearful or anxious about my slides. Try it at home! Alas, my new coach (SOB) uses a different system and I’ve not yet followed my own advice to practice.
Old 03-11-2020, 11:53 PM   #24

Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: Georgia
THOR #8078
If it happens again listen to see if the front or rear motor is stopping first, then the other stopping a second or two later. If so the problem is that one of the sides is sticking, or the motors need to be resynched.
In answer to manually pushing in a slide, it was not easy on my rig. I had to use a ladder to disconnect both motors from their posts. Then me and three big dudes pushed it in by hand. I blocked it in place to take to the repair shop.
Old 03-12-2020, 12:07 AM   #25

Model: Windsport 32R
State: South Carolina
THOR #17209
Slides that Don't

Cheap stuff first. Spray the slide pads on the bottom with Silicone spray or the stuff they sell special for slided. Can't hurt. I spray mine about twice a year and have not had any problems on a 2004 rig.
Old 03-12-2020, 12:18 AM   #26

State: South Dakota
THOR #9662
Thanks for the input
Mr Bill