Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-28-2019, 11:09 PM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Seems Knuckleheads problem was battery not charged since his jacks said low voltage. So plugging would have fixed this for him

My mh is stored in my driveway. Batteries always charged. Most of the time I'm plugged in when I take out the slide. My normal practice. But I've done it on battery numerous times without a problem. Not recommending doing this every time just saying it can be done with properly charged batteries

Jerry
I agree; Heck, the slide only pulls 10 DC amps when moving.

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:52 PM   #22

Model: 35SD
THOR #13667
Quote:
Originally Posted by druganjk@gmail.com View Post
Hi I have a 2018 Thor Miramar 35.3 and the slide on the drivers side will start to come in but stalls at the end towards the rear and the end towards the front still moves. Has anyone else had this problem and what have you done to resolve it?

Thanks
Have you kept the slides lubricated? What error codes does the controller give
you?
Old 10-25-2020, 03:30 AM   #23

State: California
THOR #21007
Slideout stuck

I have a 2014 Palazzo 33.5 that the slideout kept stripping tracks. Replace them in March this year, and after one trip, bottom rear on the mega slide jumped track again. Stuck in the out position. Was told by track manufacturer that it is a common problem with Palazzo being narrow at the bottom on the mega slideout. And need to install shims. Anyone else have this issue.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:48 AM   #24

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
This may sound crazy, but I was having a problem with my full slide-out on a 2018 Windsport 29m. Had it just a few days over a year. Also, the leveling Jack's were also behaving badly. When we got to the campground, it said low voltage and would not level. Also, slide would go in a few inches then the back would stop. I ran it back out then had the wife run it in while I pushed it in. We had scheduled service that afternoon heading back home and when I told Steve the service mgr. the problem, he told me something I was never told or forgot....ready, this is so simple!!! You must be plugged into shore power or start your generator to provide the amps to level your coach or extend your slide-out. I was all smiles cause I thought, ohh, nooo, another repair!!! Chalk it up to ignorance on my part, coach is great, Bob
My levelers only work with engine running. My slides only work with engine off. Slides are 12v. But maybe your house batteries are weak.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:48 AM   #25

State: Texas
THOR #21011
Check Rollers

We have a 2019 Thor Aria 4000. Super slide got stuck in same spot similar to yours. Seems the rollers on the bottom of slide were not making contact with the slide and floor. The weight was all on the side tracks. That's not good. I had to replace all the side tracks and the rollers needed to have a shim to make a good contact and carry more of the weight. After $5000.00 it runs perfectly.
Old 10-25-2020, 12:11 PM   #26

THOR #6333
I suspect this may be an issue on other models too. We have a KM24. The would intermittently close or stop about 18" from closing. Turns out there is a hidden T-bar that is suppose to ride inside a metal channel on one end of the slide (towards front of rv). The T-bar would hit the metal channel and stop the slide rather than ride thru the channel. This could be caused by the slide not being aligned with the T-bar. In our case the T-bar was not fully screwed in place and was flopping around. The T-bar plate in a KM24 is located above the propane tank, it is gray (viewed from inside the propane hold). The T-bar can be seen when the slide is out and you peel back the rubber gasket directly opposite the metal channel on the bottom of slide. By the time I discovered what the issue was cost @$3000 parts and labor because of additional damages from trying to get the slide in. No diagnostic help from Thor or General RV Tampa. When I kept explaining that the slide kept stopping at the same distance from close neither entity suggested there was a T-bar or something else the slide was hitting.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:22 PM   #27

THOR #21007
Seems to be a issue with Thor brands. I have put 2.5k into fixing the issue. And Nothing has changed. Waiting on RV repair contact to install shims next. Never heard of having to run the generator or be hooked to shore power for them to work. As far as batteries being weak, they are new and I also have a 400 watt solar system installed to keep them fresh.
Old 11-15-2020, 10:45 PM   #28

Model: Hurricane 27K
THOR #2544
We have a problem with the full length slide 2015 27k, thor rep said it was out if alignment and rubbing the side as it went in and out which caused it to stick, it would continue if we pushed it. Mine was rubbing on the front bottom so he had me jack up the slide just enough to relieve the weight while open and on the inside there us a 7/16 bolt that adjusted the rollers. We tighten the bolt slightly and it seems to have corrected the problem. If your slide is like mine, you can see the adjuster on the inside under the slide at floor level. I have my face flat against the floor to see it. I don't know if yours is the same issue but it might not hurt to check the alignment. Good luck.
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 10:48 PM   #29

Model: Hurricane 27K
THOR #2544
To check alignment, look at the distance of the track to the wall, top and bottom front to rear. Mine 3as rubbing aluminum to aluminum.
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 12:38 PM   #30

Model: Palazzo 36.1
THOR #13712
what slide system does your unit have? Do you have any pictures of the actual area you were able to get to the slide roller? Thanks

Enjoy the journey, one day at a time!
Chuck and Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 01:57 PM   #31

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
Hope you got your slide issue fixed,but if not I had same problem . FIRST MAKE SURE COACH IS LEVEL! especially side to side.With slide out I laid on floor lifted rubber flap at bottom of slide and sprayed slide lube on the rear most roller,then moved slide in, no problem,so I moved slide out sprayed lube on all rollers and moved slide in and out several times again no problem. A couple of months later we had same problem on full wall slide rear corner would slow and stop,so I did same thing with spray lube and fixed it. I now monthly clean under slides and lube all rollers,being fulltime slides get plenty of use, we move every 2-3weeks.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:26 PM   #32

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapped View Post
Hope you got your slide issue fixed,but if not I had same problem . FIRST MAKE SURE COACH IS LEVEL! especially side to side.With slide out I laid on floor lifted rubber flap at bottom of slide and sprayed slide lube on the rear most roller,then moved slide in, no problem,so I moved slide out sprayed lube on all rollers and moved slide in and out several times again no problem. A couple of months later we had same problem on full wall slide rear corner would slow and stop,so I did same thing with spray lube and fixed it. I now monthly clean under slides and lube all rollers,being fulltime slides get plenty of use, we move every 2-3weeks.
What do you think is getting in the roller system to cause it to stick and need relubed so often. Is it those white rollers? I can see some from the outside as well.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:39 AM   #33

Model: 24ft Chateau
THOR #9537
Controller

Normally where can I find mine?