Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2019, 11:50 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31W
State: Texas
THOR #8463
Battery Disconnect switch

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE

Does anyone have a 2017 or maybe 2018 Chateau 31W that would be willing to remove the triple switch that controls the battery disconnect, Awning and step light and take a pic. so I can see the color coded wires and which pen they go on. Especially the battery disconnect!

I would really be grateful.

Old 08-01-2019, 04:28 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
I see you are not getting any responses as yet from people with your coach (probably the season). You may have to do some of your own deductive reasoning in order to help resolve this wire maze situation sooner, but safely also.....or hire a mobile tech/use the Dealer. This will probably not be easy depending on your electrical experience. I don’t know your coach specifics either, but here are some general observations/suggestions that might help:

Clearly you don’t want to connect wires which have 12vdc on them to wires that are grounded (shorted either directly or via switches) or then you will also be looking for blown fuses. If you have a voltmeter you could check and mark all wires with 12vdc on them (direct 12vdc or 12vdc through a load – voltmeters will show both types typically). Of course you will need a good known ground to do this. A ground may be multipled between several loads so you may find the awning motor and outside light share a common ground wire also. The awning switch may also have multipled 12vdc connections on it as well.....see attached "typical" schematics.
Then test to see if pulling 12vdc fuses “if” actually marked for the specific loads (awning and outside light) in the converter panel, removes the 12vdc on any 12v marked wire. Some folks say the awning fuse is actually located behind the awning in/out switch so perhaps yours is also? Worst case you may have to trace wires to loads if possible to see if they are going to outside light and awning. If you are successful in finding the associated wires for the awning and outside light, wire them appropriately through their associated switches (refer to my “typical drawing” but note that your coach may have some different set up). Then you should only have wires left over that are used for controlling the use/store solenoid.

For the use store switch control it really depends on which battery control system you have in your coach, so the only thing I can suggest is to refer to the schematics for the generic single switch (for coach battery) or dual switch controls (one for coach and one for chassis battery) on the Intellitec Battery Disconnect Service Manual on pages 7 (single switch) and 8 (dual switch). They may provide some information to help you if your coach uses this system......or until the right coach owner responds to you.

https://www.intellitec.com/wp-conten...-00066-100.pdf

Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Typical Awning Switch Schematic.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	19335  

Tags
battery disconnect, color codes, wires