Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2019, 02:12 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane
State: Colorado
THOR #15755
Sliding Glass Repair

Two of my sliding glass window locks keep coming off. There is the lock channel and a rubber channel that fit on the end of the window. I do not have a problem getting them back on thoroughly but they keep coming off. I am thinking about gluing but don't know if that is a good idea. Any thoughts?

Old 07-28-2019, 04:04 AM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Hi, you don't mention your coach or year but posting a picture of your latch may help others provide some specific feedback. You could try some RV window suppliers to see if they sell the same window latches. Don't rush to glue your latches especially if they were not glued originally.....there is probably a reason they came loose (crack perhaps) and a replacement part may be a better solution for you....especially if future replacement is required again.

- Pelland Enterprises
Old 07-28-2019, 02:11 PM   #3

THOR #15755

I have a 2013 Thor Hurricane 31. The RV is in storage now so I can't take any pictures. I would be guessing that this plastic lock and rubber channel would be standard looking! Thanks for your advice!
Old 07-28-2019, 04:21 PM   #4

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
You might want to contact Thor and see if they can advise on how the Window latch hardware is re-attached.....at least advise on the correct adhesive to use, if that is the required solution. I am attaching a link to a similar problem to yours from the sound of it, although not all of the conversation is relevant, it does seem to lean to a re-glue. If the latch hardware is hard to put onto the glass edge dry, then there may be a certain procedure required to get it on again with the correct adhesive.....like removing glass to allow a "press on" for example. Maybe another Hurricane owner will chime in on the process they used.

Hurricane Window Hardware - iRV2 Forums
Old 07-29-2019, 03:11 PM   #5

THOR #15755
I did contact Thor and they said that gluing was a good thing to do and suggested Shoo - Glue!
Old 07-30-2019, 02:07 AM   #6

THOR #15755
The end of the Story

I did look for shoo glue and came up with a lot of near misses. I looked at some of the glues and most had a quick cure time. I am going to use Gorilla Glue because it has a longer set time. It usually takes me about 10 minutes to get the channels back on right.
Old 07-31-2019, 02:59 AM   #7

Brand: Jayco
Model: Alante
State: West Virginia
THOR #5597
Shoo goo is a contact cement, Any contact cement that is compatible with both materials should work.