Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2022, 02:31 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude XG-32
State: California
THOR #26513
Slow Rise Shades and Valance

A couple of my Slow Rise shades need to be adjusted. They roll up too far, and make it very difficult to get a grip on them to pull them back down. I've seen the videos on how to adjust them, but with the valance in place I can't get to the adjusting piece. It feels like a Catch-22. How do you get to the adjusting piece? "Well, just remove the valance." OK, how do I get to all the screws holding the valance in place? "Oh, just remove the shade." How do I do that with the valance in place? "You can't. You have to remove the valance first."

Anyone out there know how to work this Rubics Cube?

Old 06-10-2022, 01:01 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRox View Post
A couple of my Slow Rise shades need to be adjusted. They roll up too far, and make it very difficult to get a grip on them to pull them back down. I've seen the videos on how to adjust them, but with the valance in place I can't get to the adjusting piece. It feels like a Catch-22. How do you get to the adjusting piece? "Well, just remove the valance." OK, how do I get to all the screws holding the valance in place? "Oh, just remove the shade." How do I do that with the valance in place? "You can't. You have to remove the valance first."

Anyone out there know how to work this Rubics Cube?
If you have the same slow rise shades as my rig the shades can be removed with the balance in place. Lift the left side and the shade comes right out. I used this method to roll or unroll the shade to adjust tension.