Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2022, 09:59 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #26214
Snap Pads

Thought this might prove noteworthy...today we installed snap pads on the stabilizer jacks,which btw do NOT just snap right on like the video says. You should be prepared to dish out a little coercion. But the interesting thing we found was that all of the pad feet were just barely hanging on. Video say these should be torqued to 250 ft lbs. I added a touch of loctite for added security. Anyways, baby gots new shoes and I'll feel a little better during the next lightning storm! 🌩 Safe travels!

Old 03-18-2022, 11:15 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1anchor View Post
Thought this might prove noteworthy...today we installed snap pads on the stabilizer jacks,which btw do NOT just snap right on like the video says. You should be prepared to dish out a little coercion. But the interesting thing we found was that all of the pad feet were just barely hanging on. Video say these should be torqued to 250 ft lbs. I added a touch of loctite for added security. Anyways, baby gots new shoes and I'll feel a little better during the next lightning storm! 🌩 Safe travels!
Sounds like you don’t have the correct pads for your jacks. They are easy to install and they are tight after the installation. Order the correct pads.
Old 03-18-2022, 11:23 PM   #3

THOR #26214
Nope right pads, just a tad difficult 😅.
Old 03-18-2022, 11:36 PM   #4

THOR #26214
Little follow up on that ea,those pads only come in 3 sizes that I saw, 9,10,and 12. Kinda hard to get that wrong, wouldn't you think?🙃
Old 03-18-2022, 11:46 PM   #5

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
Quote:
Install them on our rig, had issues with one, had to do some wedges and soap to get it pop. Love them, never leaves a bowl in the asphalt!
Old 03-19-2022, 12:06 AM   #6
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Little follow up on that ea,those pads only come in 3 sizes that I saw, 9,10,and 12. Kinda hard to get that wrong, wouldn't you think?🙃
Lot more sizes than that. Sizes are based on the model snap pads. There’s the extra, hiway, prime, bf, mini.

Took a fellow Accolade owner three attempts before they sent the correct pads for his EQ Smart-Level System. I even provided him the part number and they still got it wrong twice.
Old 03-19-2022, 12:22 AM   #7

Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Lot more sizes than that. Sizes are based on the model snap pads. There’s the extra, hiway, prime, bf, mini.

Took a fellow Accolade owner three attempts before they sent the correct pads for his EQ Smart-Level System. I even provided him the part number and they still got it wrong twice.
wow, that is amazing it took that long to get it right.

my little lady used a tape measure, ordered and got 3 on by herself and asked for my help to get the last one on.
Old 03-19-2022, 12:57 AM   #8
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy1111 View Post
wow, that is amazing it took that long to get it right.

my little lady used a tape measure, ordered and got 3 on by herself and asked for my help to get the last one on.
Yeah. We use extra large octagon pads. Apparently they were out of stock and some wizard sent what they thought could “possibly work”.
Old 03-19-2022, 01:08 AM   #9
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
What coach? Did you install on stabilizers? Or levelers?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 07:16 AM   #10

THOR #26214
Stabilizers levelizers same thing on mine. Pads are great, highly recommended. Really should be a factory option. I'm extremely happy with the addition
Old 03-20-2022, 07:57 AM   #11
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Stabilizers levelizers same thing on mine. Pads are great, highly recommended. Really should be a factory option. I'm extremely happy with the addition
Levelers do stabilize as well but stabilizers do not level. You have a Tuscany with levelers.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 01:40 AM   #12

Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: Alberta
THOR #3333
snap pads

Installed a Set on my Pollazo about 3 years ago and am glad I did, now I don't sink into the soft sites any more. They weren't hard to put on, just lubed them well with dish soap and put the jack down into them until they popped. 1 i did have to shim as I had bent the jack pad the previous year but even that wasn't to bad.
Old 03-24-2022, 03:24 AM   #13

THOR #26214
Lol that seems to be a common problem! I had one that was a little bent and ornery too!
Old 03-24-2022, 03:38 AM   #14

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
Quote:
Ours worked as advertised
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 01:42 AM   #15

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
After a few tries without jack pads, my jacks would pickup the gravel from my storage yard. i decided to make my own jack pads.

My local lumber yard had some boards that were warped and couldn't sell, they are marine grade boards. They cut them into 12" small pieces, i installed the eyelets and chord with plastic handle.

The chord makes for easy removal when leaving camp ground. These give my jacks a good footing on any type ground surface. they store easily in a utility box next to the battery compartment. Next to the jacks, i have chocks with the same chord attached. So on departure, it just pull and load, and leave the camp ground.,.no crouching down to get under RV to remove.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jack pad.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	38926  
Old 07-30-2022, 03:17 PM   #16

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
Torque snap pads 250#???? Loctite???
Old 07-30-2022, 04:50 PM   #17

Model: Windsport 34F
State: Alberta
THOR #22490
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapped View Post
Torque snap pads 250#???? Loctite???
This is for the leveller foot pads that the snap pads fit on to.

2015 Thor Windsport 34F = empty pockets
2010 Kia Soul
REME veteran
Trophy1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 05:36 PM   #18

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Quote:
Originally Posted by txc2936@yahoo.com View Post
After a few tries without jack pads, my jacks would pickup the gravel from my storage yard. i decided to make my own jack pads.

My local lumber yard had some boards that were warped and couldn't sell, they are marine grade boards. They cut them into 12" small pieces, i installed the eyelets and chord with plastic handle.

The chord makes for easy removal when leaving camp ground. These give my jacks a good footing on any type ground surface. they store easily in a utility box next to the battery compartment. Next to the jacks, i have chocks with the same chord attached. So on departure, it just pull and load, and leave the camp ground.,.no crouching down to get under RV to remove.
Yep, we made something similar out of marine grade lumber. Problem is you still have to crawl underneath to put the blocks down. Snap pads eliminated all crawling, we love um
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote