Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-13-2021, 08:45 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #21807
Carbon Monoxide Detector Location?

Well our vacation was fun since we couldn't sleep with the alarm beeping once every 60 seconds. We just slept outside.

Where can i find the battery for the carbon monoxide detector so i can replace it? I've looked everywhere and it's really frustrating.

Model: 2016 Chateu 22E

Old 01-13-2021, 11:21 AM   #2

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd72736 View Post
Well our vacation was fun since we couldn't sleep with the alarm beeping once every 60 seconds. We just slept outside.

Where can i find the battery for the carbon monoxide detector so i can replace it? I've looked everywhere and it's really frustrating.

Model: 2016 Chateu 22E
CO detector, LP detector or smoke detector? All three should be easy to find and temporarily disconnect. Hiding in plan site.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:15 PM   #3

Model: Miramar 37.1
THOR #12698
Your carbon monoxide detector is just below the bed near the floor. Your smoke detector is on the ceiling just above the entry door. The carbon monoxide usually has to be replaced as a whole unit with a sealed battery(no replaceable battery). The smoke detector should use a 9 volt battery and will open up to replace it.

Paul
Old 01-13-2021, 01:32 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: S.O.B.
State: Florida
THOR #14543
Exclamation

I had a 2016 Coachmen MH previously. The CO detector would beep like that when the house batteries needed charging.

Another possibility, of course, is that you may have CO or possibly a propane leak present.
Popfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 12:18 AM   #5

THOR #21807
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
CO detector, LP detector or smoke detector? All three should be easy to find and temporarily disconnect. Hiding in plan site.
I don't see anything in plain site. There is no smoke detector visible in the cabin. I have no idea what is looks like. I hear the beeping above the closet behind the ceiling panels. What do i have to do, rip the panels off?
Old 01-19-2021, 12:19 AM   #6

THOR #21807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popfla View Post
I had a 2016 Coachmen MH previously. The CO detector would beep like that when the house batteries needed charging.

Another possibility, of course, is that you may have CO or possibly a propane leak present.
It's been beeping continuously the past three weeks on my driveway, i don't smell any odor. It can't be a leak.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:58 AM   #7

Model: Miramar 37.1
THOR #12698
I forgot to mention that usually the CO2/Propane Detector is near the floor and may be next to your breaker/fuse box near the bedroom.

Paul
Old 01-19-2021, 01:59 AM   #8

Model: Freedom Elite 31L
State: Georgia
THOR #4938
The carbon monoxide tester should be up high somewhere the one for the LP leak detector is down low both of them have a lifespan if I remember right the Carbon monoxide is only good for five years and the LP detectors good for seven but again that’s when they installed so you need to find the date on them you can check it out
You can call the Thor help line and they should be able to tell you where they’re at

Tags
carbon monoxide detector