Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-14-2022, 11:17 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2022 Sanctuary
State: Florida
THOR #26179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
Thanks to all who replied to my message.....
Never got it towed. 3 hours on the phone with insurance co and 3rd party road side assistance co. Had my 40 year old son go through it and found turbo hose leaking air and fixed it. All runs smooth now with no engine light or codes.
Thank again...still could not find anyone within a hundred miles willing to work on a sprinter motor home. Anyone want to buy a nice 25ft
Thor???
Was it obvious that there was a compromised hose , how did he discover it & was your son familiar with turbo systems & thats why he knew where to look . just curious on his trouble shooting experience . Thanks

Old 07-14-2022, 11:51 PM   #22

Model: Delano 24RW
State: Texas
THOR #25563
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Tow it in.

There is likely no other alternative to towing that won't make the MB dealer mad enough to just turn you away when you finally do arrive. They aren't 'bound' to do your repair and I'll half way bet they're disgusted by diy attempts.
I've had stellar experiences with the two MB dealerships in the DFW area. The Mercedes warranty was reset to the time we purchased the MH. I went on MB site and created an account with the VIN and can use the Mercedes.me connect account and app to remote lock/unlock, check range and pending service. The Nav system gets OTA updates on a very regular basis and when I took it in for warranty work, they treated me just like any E or S class owner. I agree with you on DIY attempts and even otherwise competent repair shops. But what I'm really finding hard to imagine is a MB certified service center refusing to work on a legit MB vehicle. It's not like someone took a hacksaw to a Sprinter van and welded a box on. Mercedes sells the cutaway chassis to Thor and there must be some understanding that everything that is not "house" is on Mercedes warranty. Drivetrain warranty should be 5/100 on these and I checked back to 2017. But in the end, who knows. Wouldn't be the first time a certified repair shop was not following corporate's policy.

So here's what happened. The cabin microphone was not working. Bluetooth calls were fine, but they could not hear me. Hey Mercedes did nothing, pressing the voice command button did nothing. Took it in, sat in the cushy waiting area, drinking some tea (of course) and they came back and told me they were having trouble diagnosing because there was a mud dauber's nest over the OBD port. Got that all cleaned up and did all the things, including resetting the system and uploading the software, but still no response from the mic. Finally they thought to inspect the mic and discovered that it, and the harness were missing. Part ordered and received in two days and replaced (well, installed) no charge.

I guess we will see if we have trouble requiring roadside assistance. You can bet I'm punching that button first before I call Flo.
Old 07-15-2022, 05:33 PM   #23

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
I had no issues with the local MB dealer, (Los Angeles area) working on our Gemini, but then I was not on the road in remote places. It is true that every MB dealer will not work on Sprinter's. I had pretty good luck with Coachnet, had to have our 41 foot Tiffin towed. Though it was not a 1 or 200 mile tow, they did not balk, and had to send a big rig tow truck, which they readily did.
Old 07-15-2022, 08:53 PM   #24

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
I had no issues with the local MB dealer, (Los Angeles area) working on our Gemini, but then I was not on the road in remote places. It is true that every MB dealer will not work on Sprinter's. I had pretty good luck with Coachnet, had to have our 41 foot Tiffin towed. Though it was not a 1 or 200 mile tow, they did not balk, and had to send a big rig tow truck, which they readily did.
FWIW, every Ford dealer does not work on RVs. It kind of depends, but granted most cases they will; but some will not. But all the same, I am not a fan or Diesel or MB. I rather b e stranded in my F-53 than a MB any day of the week in any part of the country.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 01:27 PM   #25

Brand: Still Looking
State: Michigan
THOR #17911
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthgear View Post
Was it obvious that there was a compromised hose , how did he discover it & was your son familiar with turbo systems & thats why he knew where to look . just curious on his trouble shooting experience . Thanks
We “lucked out”....He happen to find a radiator clamp had loosen enough to let the pressure off the system and shut down the engine. 5 minute fix and all was well! Only three weeks and many hours trying to find a dealer that would look at it. Cleared the “code” at local shop who could see the codes, but not how to fix them. Code said all kinds of errors in EGR and oxg sensors.
If I had any hair left, I would pull it out!