Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2015, 05:07 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #2989
Squeaky New Thor Miramar

Five weeks ago purchased a new Thor Miramar from local RV dealer in Los Angeles. After the walk-thru I drove it for a couple of hours and it squeaked like a bird. I returned it to the dealer. I thought it was the Microwave. They fixed the microwave, placing some padding around it. Then the microwave light would not close. They replaced the microwave. After 5 weeks at the dealership I asked them to drive the motorhome and be sure all of the squeaks were gone. I picked it up today and drove it home for the first time. While the squeaks were less, I still heard them. When I arrive home my wife, who followed me in the car, rode in the coach. The squeak was isolated to the table rubbing up against the mold it lies beneath on the wall. We simply placed some felt under the mold and there was no more squeak. We then removed the coverings over the gas stove and no more squeak! I thought I would pass this along since my wife two novices solved the squeak problem after the repair people tried three times.

Tags
miramar, new coach., squeak