Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2022, 05:20 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #27769
Stabilizers - no power - HELP NEEDED

2020 Thor 28z class c

No power to the rear electric stabilizers. Thought it might be a fuse but couldn't locate it. Called Thor. They explained that there is a 15 amp fuse behind the battery cutoff switch at the house door.

Checked it - it's good. Wiring diagram shows a 6 amp auto reset breaker. Thinking maybe it tripped and didn't reset.

Any help finding that breaker and any other assistance appreciated.

Old 08-27-2022, 06:19 PM   #2

Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
On my coach the 6amp self resetting breaker wasn’t installed. Instead there is a 7.5 amp fuse under the hood by the battery isolation manager. See attached at the top center. Hope this helps. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0658.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	39258
Old 08-27-2022, 09:27 PM   #3

THOR #27769
Thanks Jim. I saw an earlier post about that so I checked it. It's fine. Wondering if I have a self-resetting breaker that tripped and won't reset.

Also, I'm getting a ground fault code on my slide out sync console (located in an exterior storage compartment), but the slide out is getting power. I have seen a few things on here about some stabilizers being run through the slide out circuit, so I'm wondering if it's actually indicating because an issue with the stabilizers.
Old 08-28-2022, 01:23 PM   #4

Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
Stabilizers - no power - HELP NEEDED

The stabilizers on my coach are not associated with the slide out circuitry. They work with the battery disconnect in the store position and work with the engine off - independent of other systems. I have a BAL and not and LCI stabilizer so no 6 amp breaker. Power to the switches comes directly from the battery and the motors are protected by a 15 amp fuse even though the diagram shows a breaker. Make sure you are dealing with the correct stabilizer installation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0659.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	39262
Old 08-30-2022, 05:50 PM   #5

THOR #27769
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckakers View Post
2020 Thor 28z class c

No power to the rear electric stabilizers. Thought it might be a fuse but couldn't locate it. Called Thor. They explained that there is a 15 amp fuse behind the battery cutoff switch at the house door.

Checked it - it's good. Wiring diagram shows a 6 amp auto reset breaker. Thinking maybe it tripped and didn't reset.

Any help finding that breaker and any other assistance appreciated.

EDIT - problem located. The power for the stabilizers comes straight from a house battery terminal. The terminal the power was coming from was corroded and the connector broke. It was under three battery cables so not visible until I pulled on it and it snapped off.
Old 08-30-2022, 06:01 PM   #6
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckakers View Post
EDIT - problem located. The power for the stabilizers comes straight from a house battery terminal. The terminal the power was coming from was corroded and the connector broke. It was under three battery cables so not visible until I pulled on it and it snapped off.
A problem easily identified with preventive maintenance of the batteries.
Old 08-30-2022, 06:35 PM   #7

THOR #27769
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post

Very true. The unit sat in the parking lots of a couple repair shops for quite a while. Just noticed the corrosion when we picked it up.
Old 09-01-2022, 03:11 PM   #8

Model: Thor Magnitude XG32 4x4,
State: Utah
THOR #19682
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
I lost the use of my levelers too, and it was simply battery corrosion on the posts and there wasn't enough juice to run them. I had other issues too. So after cleaning that all up, topping off the water, they started working and my other glitchy stuff went away. So I agree with your comment.

Tags
breaker, fuse, stabilizers