Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-05-2022, 06:11 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Quebec
THOR #22148
Swapping Gemini 2021 control tablet?

Hello there,

I bought my 23te gemini 2021 in april 2021.

I really had bad luck since the start but now theres another boring problem

The bmpro tablet dont boot up at all. All the manual button on the board work, bu nothing that is control by the tablet. So no water pump exemple.

I was quote 680$+ tx for the tablet assembly which dound ridiculous since its a real cheap tablet inside with few connect that make it different from say a 100$ max equivalent.

I had trouble with it since day1 always unpairing prdtty much every night.

Any was to swap it with another 7 inch tablet?
I guess if I instal the RV app id be golden?

Thx guys, help is do appreciate

Old 10-05-2022, 06:57 PM   #2

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
You could connect to the BMPro node (not the display but the device that does the switching) with their app installed on any iOS or Android tablet with Wi-Fi and control it with your tablet.

Yes, $680 is crazy and is one of the many reasons I hate the BMPro system.

David
Old 10-05-2022, 08:21 PM   #3

THOR #22148
What is that bmpro nod?

Is it like the board that is behind the tablet?
The thing that connect to the wire in the wall?

If I can use anything else that the OEM part, it will be an upgrade no mather what
Old 10-05-2022, 10:21 PM   #4

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
On my Axis 24.1, the node is located near the fresh water pump. It is a box that switches the lights, water pump, A/C, etc. The node does the switching, the display tells it what to do. An app on a tablet connected by Wi-Fi can do the same thing.

David
Old 10-06-2022, 04:44 PM   #5

THOR #22148
Ok I just did the Samsung s20 bluetooth pairing with the app and i'm now back to controling everything from it until I get this solved. That's a major plus.

I'm thinking of leaving my ipad 2020 inside just for that purpose and hook it on one of the two charging usb. They are real weak and don't charge fast at all, can I just swap the Gemini 23TE 2 sucket charger that stays on all the time?

and i'll try to get this solve with thor. can't pay 750$ tx in for a stupid tablet that last 15 months. Can I?
Old 10-07-2022, 05:29 PM   #6

Model: Outlaw 29H
State: Ontario
THOR #4874
I had connected my BMPro to my Google accounts previously. Good thing about that was it automatically backed it up on the cloud. This fall, tablet died and found a replacement on Amazon for $60.

All I had to do was when I set up the new tablet, simply restored from the old tablet on my Google account and worked perfectly from there - after adding it to the console and plugging it in- it asked me to sync RV Master via Bluetooth

Easy peasy for $60.
Old 10-07-2022, 06:50 PM   #7

THOR #22148
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV_Envy View Post
I had connected my BMPro to my Google accounts previously. Good thing about that was it automatically backed it up on the cloud. This fall, tablet died and found a replacement on Amazon for $60.

All I had to do was when I set up the new tablet, simply restored from the old tablet on my Google account and worked perfectly from there - after adding it to the console and plugging it in- it asked me to sync RV Master via Bluetooth

Easy peasy for $60.
Did you remember the name of the tablet? The code written for the model ain't getting any ebay or amazon find. or anything else btw...

60$ is around what i'd be willing to pay for that.
Otherwise just having my charger wire not too far in finding a way to stick my ipad there. the screen is really another quality, I prefer it that way