Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2021, 02:24 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
That's the exact unit on ours. There's a harness on the other side of the wall where it goes into the coach. Thor did a horrible caulking/sealing job on ours. I stripped off the caulking and resealed it to make it waterproof.

If you've registered on the owners resource site, it's listed in your installed components.

Old 05-29-2024, 06:11 PM   #22

Model: Daybreak 30DB
State: Tennessee
THOR #22917
Bringing up this old thread.

On our 2021 Thor Daybreak 30db - I think it's a 2021(not 2020) E450 frame, I ran over a 18 wheeler tire (gator tread) in the road and it pulled out a wire from my driver side marker (as well as broke the mudflap off).

Since then, I've had the issue described in this thread where the running lights for my taillights and side markers are not working. The brakes light up, and turn signals, plus my trailer lights. I could not find a blown fuse, and I'm wondering if they were all run in series from the broken one could that be my problem, but I'm having a hard time finding where it runs. Does anyone have a wiring diagram that Thor used to wire up the lights?

My specific model wiring from Thor doesn't go to that level of detail.

Also, shortly after that incident my hobbs meter for my generator lost power. I'm sure it's all related I just can't really find which wire goes to which.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6579.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	46259  
Old 05-31-2024, 09:31 PM   #23

THOR #22917
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmac450 View Post
Bringing up this old thread.

On our 2021 Thor Daybreak 30db - I think it's a 2021(not 2020) E450 frame, I ran over a 18 wheeler tire (gator tread) in the road and it pulled out a wire from my driver side marker (as well as broke the mudflap off).

Since then, I've had the issue described in this thread where the running lights for my taillights and side markers are not working. The brakes light up, and turn signals, plus my trailer lights. I could not find a blown fuse, and I'm wondering if they were all run in series from the broken one could that be my problem, but I'm having a hard time finding where it runs. Does anyone have a wiring diagram that Thor used to wire up the lights?

My specific model wiring from Thor doesn't go to that level of detail.

Also, shortly after that incident my hobbs meter for my generator lost power. I'm sure it's all related I just can't really find which wire goes to which.
It turns out this side marker light was in series and fixing that one light fixed them all.

Onto the next project.
Old 05-31-2024, 09:43 PM   #24
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmac450 View Post
It turns out this side marker light was in series and fixing that one light fixed them all.

Onto the next project.
Actually, they are in parallel with a daisy-chained positive lead. You break that positive lead and all lights downstream in the daisy chain will not work. They are all 12 VDC lights
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B BU TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 10:33 PM   #25

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
The three light close together on the center front (amber) and the three center lights rear (red) are identification lights. They indicate the vehicle is over 79 inches wide. Clearance lights are at the left and right, upper, front and rear corners of the vehicle. Side marker are the lights along the side located 20 to 60 inches high near the front and rear of the vehicle. Might as well use the correct terms to avoid confusion.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 12:18 AM   #26

THOR #22917
Thanks all, they used to not work…but they do now!