Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2016, 11:41 PM   #41
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
I think the part number you want is 003-30R. But I have not seen any for sale yet. You might call the sales department at Command Electronics.

One thing you should know, you may or may not get away with upgrading tail lights to LED as some vehicles might present a false error as the LEDs don't take as much energy so the vehicle might think the light bulbs are burned out.

In this situation, you can remedy the problem by using a set of ballast resistors to force more current flow - which will make the on-board diagnostic computer happy.

Again, this may not be an issue with some vehicles, but perhaps in others.

Old 03-14-2016, 11:44 PM   #42

Model: Four Winds 33SW, Diesel
State: Washington
THOR #3195
Thank you, I will call tomorrow. Not worried about adding ballast resistors as had to do that to my Jeep when I changed it out as well. No, in fact I changed the turn signal flasher for one that was recommended and it took care of the problem. I'll check into that of course.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:04 PM   #43
KNK

Model: Ace
State: Virginia
THOR #5877
Ok, is there a "special" screw driver that takes the screws out? I've used all the Phillips screw drivers I have and none seem to "fit" the screw. I'm afraid of rounding off the head. I feel like a loser!!
Old 10-30-2017, 11:32 PM   #44

Model: Four Winds 28z
State: Florida
THOR #5725
Square if I remember correctly.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:39 PM   #45

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
yes, most of the screws in the RV are square drive.....real name is Robertson

#2 if I remember correctly....but maybe it's #1?
Old 10-31-2017, 07:47 AM   #46
KNK

THOR #5877
Thank you
Old 10-31-2017, 01:58 PM   #47

THOR #3195
actually mine where torque heads, but take a flash light and look at the head of the screw to determine this. The easiest to spot of course is a square indent. You have many square heads in your MH anyway, so it's best to start getting the tools you will need to keep on hand.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:53 PM   #48
KNK

THOR #5877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemitebob View Post
actually mine where torque heads, but take a flash light and look at the head of the screw to determine this. The easiest to spot of course is a square indent. You have many square heads in your MH anyway, so it's best to start getting the tools you will need to keep on hand.

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:03 AM   #49

Model: Four Winds
State: New Hampshire
THOR #16319
I have a similar problem and thank you all for posted your thoughts and ideas. much appreciated
Old 08-12-2019, 03:19 AM   #50

THOR #3195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Rving View Post
I have a similar problem and thank you all for posted your thoughts and ideas. much appreciated
Just to add, after replacing your lens, don't forget to silicon around them. It is a really easy water entry spot, when you look inside if you see water markings from past, seal it good.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:35 PM   #51

Model: 2017 Quantum
State: California
THOR #9015
Same issue with LED Lights

Our 2017 Quantum came with LED taillights that took on water during our warranty period.

Our repair shop noted that they were not sealed with caulk or silicone around the gaskets and that is why they took on water. So I believe they should have been sealed at the factory on install. The gaskets alone are apparently not enough to keep water out.

Everything was fine for a year or so but now the brake lights are both malfunctioning (LED bulbs burned out and flickering of lights on braking).

Our repair shop called Command Electronics and they agreed to replace them both at no cost (except shipping costs which was fine with me).

All in all, I am happy with Command electronics customer service and am thankful they stood behind their product after almost two years of ownership. We pick our rig up next week.

That said, I was originally ready to ditch the factory lights and go with something that MIGHT be more dependable. The trouble with that is the holes for those factory LED LED lights are so large that many other lights will not fill the hole and still allow for securing them with screws (Most other styles are too small). In the end we just decided to replace both with the same Command Electronics lights and hope for the best.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:16 PM   #52

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M_MURPHYS View Post
Our 2017 Quantum came with LED taillights that took on water during our warranty period.

Our repair shop noted that they were not sealed with caulk or silicone around the gaskets and that is why they took on water. So I believe they should have been sealed at the factory on install. The gaskets alone are apparently not enough to keep water out.

Everything was fine for a year or so but now the brake lights are both malfunctioning (LED bulbs burned out and flickering of lights on braking).

Our repair shop called Command Electronics and they agreed to replace them both at no cost (except shipping costs which was fine with me).

All in all, I am happy with Command electronics customer service and am thankful they stood behind their product after almost two years of ownership. We pick our rig up next week.

That said, I was originally ready to ditch the factory lights and go with something that MIGHT be more dependable. The trouble with that is the holes for those factory LED LED lights are so large that many other lights will not fill the hole and still allow for securing them with screws (Most other styles are too small). In the end we just decided to replace both with the same Command Electronics lights and hope for the best.
You didn't use their supplied foam gaskets did you?
Old 08-15-2019, 05:56 PM   #53

Model: 2016 Siesta Sprinter 24ST
THOR #2812
For minor wood repairs I have had good results using Minwax Hardener. penetrates dry soft wood and hardens into a "plastic". I've used as a preventative in areas that might get wet.
West Marine also carries "Git Rot" a penetrating epoxy.
1972 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Hooligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 12:51 AM   #54

Model: ACE 30.4
State: West Virginia
THOR #8716
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0190.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	19821
Old 08-25-2019, 12:52 AM   #55

Model: ACE 30.4
State: West Virginia
THOR #8716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamboat View Post

Been following this thread in preparation for replacing a cracked passenger side taillight lens on our 17 ACE. Like so many others, when I remove the lens the housing was wet and delaminated to the point the luan separated from the plywood. The information in the thread has been very helpful and after a considerable amount of epoxy I think the affected area is as good as it can be. Did find a couple of extra unconnected wires coming out of the passenger side taillight conduit. One must be a white ground wire but I don’t know what the other is for. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 09-16-2019, 10:34 AM   #56

State: Utah
THOR #14768
For the delamination you want Composet SLV epoxy. You can get it here RV Wall Delamination Repair

The best sealant IMHO is Sika flex urethane. Much better than silicone. I use it for roof, windows, etc
I bought it from rvroofandwall