Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-09-2021, 02:41 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Dorado Dutchman
State: Kansas
THOR #16441
Tank Heater Indicator Lights

Hello all,

I so appreciate the wisdom and guidance I receive from this forum. Have learned and been helped a lot!

My question is, what is the purpose of the red indicator lights on black and gray tank heater switches? Do they illuminate when heaters are properly functioning, or does it indicate a "trouble" state? Owners manual provided no guidance.

May seem like a silly question, but I just replaced defective heaters, my tanks are empty, it is 28 degrees outside and I don't want to put any fluid in, and have read they shouldn't be activated empty. I could turn them on to see if pads get warm but fear damage but that still doesn't confirm the intent of the indicator lights...

It is a 2009 Four Winds Dutchman Dorado. I added an image as an attachment, but if that didn't work they are basically rocker switches with a red lens at the top where on is labeled on the panel.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tank.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	27975  

Old 01-16-2021, 08:54 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau V25
State: California
THOR #19470
The lights indicate the tank heaters are on or off. If they are lit red, power is running to the heating pads. Whether the pads are heating up or not is another question. I wouldn't hesitate turning them on briefly to see if they light up.
puppygeo is offline   Reply With Quote