Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 12-24-2020, 10:59 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #20539
Holy smokes!...where are you?...we're at Mesa first and then south of Tucson...then back up thru CA...fingers crossed...cheers Ian

Old 12-24-2020, 11:04 PM   #22

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Tucson probably won't get below freezing.
I'm at the grand canyon.

South of Tucson
Collosal cave
Kartchner caverns.
Kitt peak observatory.
The Thing
Sonora desert museum
Old tucson
San Xavier del bac
Davis monthan airforce plane storage

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 11:19 PM   #23

THOR #20539
Oh yeah, I'm been thru Flagstaff on a cold night on my way to ABQ!...stay warm!
Old 12-29-2020, 06:10 PM   #24

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
16 degrees here in Riverton Utah with a light blanket of snow. It did hit in the mid 30's for the high. Nice place for the kids to play.

Paul
Old 12-29-2020, 06:57 PM   #25
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwadley View Post
16 degrees here in Riverton Utah with a light blanket of snow. It did hit in the mid 30's for the high. Nice place for the kids to play.
Paul
That's a bit chilly for my old bones...
Enjoy it while you can!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 07:02 PM   #26

Model: axis
State: Ohio
THOR #12044
My Girard GSWH_2

Hi all my water heater is not heating water.
I get an E0 error, checked and there is a spark trying to ignite but no gas to ignite. Yes gas is full and heat and stove work.
Yes gas is on. System did work last week.
Yes have power.
Unit tries to start orange led comes on fan comes on the led goes off in about 3 sec it tries again then goes off.
Help at a park for 10 more days.
Old 12-30-2020, 12:23 AM   #27

Model: axis
State: Ohio
THOR #12044
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertconley View Post
Hi all my water heater is not heating water.
I get an E0 error, checked and there is a spark trying to ignite but no gas to ignite. Yes gas is full and heat and stove work.
Yes gas is on. System did work last week.
Yes have power.
Unit tries to start orange led comes on fan comes on the led goes off in about 3 sec it tries again then goes off.
Help at a park for 10 more days.
OK Operator error on my part.
Dad always said to think simple . well I was all about the being an issue with the Water heater. I was not staying in the RV, son told me the heat work last night (never listen to the new be) so the gas must be on, not. when the person filled the LP tank they shut off the gas valve. TURN on the valve all works. HAHAHA
Hellwig sway bars F&R
love the easy quite drive.
robertconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 06:53 PM   #28

Model: Synergy 24MB
State: Arizona
THOR #5093
We spent Christmas near Bisbee/McNeal, which is about 1 hr 30 minutes south of Tucson. We went there to see the sandhill cranes as they winter at Whitewater Draw, an Arizona wildlife area. We watched them fly in from the fields twice a day.
Temp was 27 one night but 50-60 during the day!

Kathy
2014 Corolla
KathyBrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 07:18 PM   #29
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertconley View Post
OK Operator error on my part.
Dad always said to think simple . well I was all about the being an issue with the Water heater. I was not staying in the RV, son told me the heat work last night (never listen to the new be) so the gas must be on, not. when the person filled the LP tank they shut off the gas valve. TURN on the valve all works. HAHAHA
Glad to see that you found and fixed the "problen".
Old 01-01-2021, 03:11 AM   #30

State: Michigan
THOR #10430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmsy View Post
Brilliant thanks...and yes, water is close to 35/40*F my guess as the ambient is down at 45'ish right now...
...now how do I increase the waters pressure?...I have a Citation 24SJ...any quick clues while you're there...I'll do some research...

Also, just appears to have spring a propane leak...the tank was empty, just filled it up and I can definitely smell it at the tank side of the coach...can't ear anything though…any clues?...
Take the cover off the tank and check the regulator
They have a tendency to work loose.
Mine you could only smell once in a while.
Tighten it and took care of the problem.
Old 01-04-2021, 04:23 PM   #31

THOR #20539
Making great progress...

I'm continuing the same thread that I started...is that OK?...we've had great success with the temporary repair we made to the propane line...the more I think about it the more I think that it was a rodent/squirrel that gnawed thru the line, dammit.
But we're continuing with issues...so, I'm requesting thoughts from my new friends, the consummate experts...:-)
1) do you have any troubleshooting ideas for the 100w solar panel charging system on the 2018 Thor Citation 24SJ?...when my panel wakes up to the sun in the morning, it fails with a code b01, I understand this means no battery connection...thoughts and repair guidance please?
2) my Winegard does not connect and seek local wifi connections...do you have any pearls of wisdom for that system?...
3) And still when we are dry camping, the water pump switch disengages intermittently...we have to persistently walk over to turn*it back on...can I ask for any further thoughts on that issue?...the servicing store said that they downloaded some software but to no avail...
...that's all folks, signing off from Scottsdale...gonna be 70 today!
Old 01-04-2021, 04:34 PM   #32

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
I'm continuing the same thread that I started...is that OK?...we've had great success with the temporary repair we made to the propane line...the more I think about it the more I think that it was a rodent/squirrel that gnawed thru the line, dammit.
But we're continuing with issues...so, I'm requesting thoughts from my new friends, the consummate experts...:-)
1) do you have any troubleshooting ideas for the 100w solar panel charging system on the 2018 Thor Citation 24SJ?...when my panel wakes up to the sun in the morning, it fails with a code b01, I understand this means no battery connection...thoughts and repair guidance please?
2) my Winegard does not connect and seek local wifi connections...do you have any pearls of wisdom for that system?...
3) And still when we are dry camping, the water pump switch disengages intermittently...we have to persistently walk over to turn*it back on...can I ask for any further thoughts on that issue?...the servicing store said that they downloaded some software but to no avail...
...that's all folks, signing off from Scottsdale...gonna be 70 today!

1) Solar - You need to download the schematics for your coach but if it was a Thor Solar Prep setup, there is a fuse in the battery compartment (orange wiring if I recall correctly) that connects the Solar Controller to the positive terminal on one of the house batteries. Check the fuse and the connection to the battery.

2) Not sure which Winegard model you have but if you have the ConnecT 2.0 you need to connect to the Winegard WiFi SSID and logon to the Winegard unit through a web browser on a laptop or tablet (http://10.11.12.1) and then make sure WiFi is selected and then scan for available WiFi networks and then select one. You can also download the Winegard App and do it from there as well. The owners manual for the Winegard unit will have all of these details.

3) Do you have a physical switch for your pump or do you have a FireFly touch screen panel to control your pump?
Old 01-04-2021, 05:07 PM   #33

THOR #20539
Thank you for your fast response...
1) ...I look forward to checking out the Thor installed solar panel fuse line...
2)...I'm familiar with the process to connect as it has connected successfully a few times...now it just times out without giving me any options...
3)...we have the Vega Miratouch screen and a manual switch in the external water bay...
More later, again, thanks!
Old 01-04-2021, 05:33 PM   #34

THOR #12751
Quote:
Thank you for your fast response...
1) ...I look forward to checking out the Thor installed solar panel fuse line...
2)...I'm familiar with the process to connect as it has connected successfully a few times...now it just times out without giving me any options...
3)...we have the Vega Miratouch screen and a manual switch in the external water bay...
More later, again, thanks!

For the Winegard and the water pump issues.... try killing your 12V to reboot both systems.

You can pull your shore power and then put the Use / Store switch in the Store position (you should have no lights in the coach). Or you can leave the shore power plugged in and just turn off the breaker to the converter and put the Use / Store switch in the Store position.

Then after waiting a minute you can put the switch back to "Use" to power up the 12V systems again and see what happens.
Old 01-04-2021, 05:56 PM   #35

THOR #20539
It's been parked for 4 days switched off while we hung out with two Covid free friends...so, when we fire it up in the morning I will see how it does...cheers, Ian

btw, I washed the van while it was parked...that exercise is for 'the birds'...that ain't gonna happen anytime again soon...:-)
Old 01-07-2021, 12:01 AM   #36

THOR #20539
Howdy...
Can't find the inline fuse so I have asked Thor for the trouble shooting guide...they sent me a 100W Solar Panel brochure that had no technical information...I have asked again...
Shutting the van down allowed the Winegard to get up and running but the water pump switch unlatching is still and issue and annoying...I have asked Thor for information on this too.
Ciao!...Ian.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:58 AM   #37

THOR #12751
Quote:
Howdy...
Can't find the inline fuse so I have asked Thor for the trouble shooting guide...they sent me a 100W Solar Panel brochure that had no technical information...I have asked again...
Shutting the van down allowed the Winegard to get up and running but the water pump switch unlatching is still and issue and annoying...I have asked Thor for information on this too.
Ciao!...Ian.
The Solar Panel manual is not what you need.......

You need to go to this website and sign up to get all of the documentation for your coach. It has a couple dozen documents for yoru coach that you can download that covers just about everything you will ever need.

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owners/

There is one document called Schematic that show the diragrams for wiring, plumbing, structural, etc.

Here is the section for my coach that shows the fuse for the solar controller. You will have a similar document for your coach but they are all wired this way for the most part.

You want to get into your battery bay and look for an orange wire connected to the positive terminal of one of the house batteries. This should be the wire to the Solar Controller. It should also have an inline fuse that is 20A (I think). You want to check that fuse and check the connection of the ring terminal at the battery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Magnitude-Schematics.png
Views:	39
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	27953  
Old 01-17-2021, 02:08 AM   #38

THOR #20539
We’re in southern AZ after a good relatively trouble-free journey…the sunny climes have been wonderful to relax in during the day it has been very cold at night as Ducksface predicted…our previous experience of staying out on cold nights came in handy…it got down to mid twenty’s at night…
Being in a Covid free environment is good…as good as being home…but these Arizonans are pushing the envelope with sooo many not wearing masks…

Thanks to all the correspondents for your support…here’s an update…
1) Judge, the solar panel fuse has not been found as yet…I have done some logical searching and even asked THOR where they put the damn thing…they can’t tell me…I found the orange wire getting close to the house batteries but it does not appear at the batteries…last sighting was in the forward most passenger storage box…have yet to get into the harness shielding to expose even more wiring…btw, the strapping of ‘excess’ wiring (for longer coaches I guess) under the MH behind the battery box was terrible…cable ties just broke off in my hand…I am only doing a few days of dry camping so it’s not the most urgent issue…
2) Btw, how do you guys all maintain the chassis battery while you are stationary for a week or month?
3) The water pump switch needs a v2.15 update by Firefly, them saying “assuming that this is not the original water pump. It appears as though the G8 is amping out before the water pump turns itself off when reaching full pressure. The output current was raised in v2.2 for this reason. Because several pumps were change to aftermarket/larger pumps, the output current was raised again in v2.15..."
I have no idea whether the water pump has been replaced with an aftermarket…I’ll let my dealer sought that out when I get home in March…the cost of the software update is $75 or a new panel with the software in it at $827!
4) The Tankless water heater worked well until we got to Southern California…it sprang a pin hole leak in the copper…I can see it and hear it…local repairer say that it’s a faulty sweat joint and will only replace it and not repair it…I am now in their hands to get the part and replace it quickly and process it thru my ESP with FESC…fingers crossed that this works out…
5) I had a new awning fitted because the LED lighting was out…it was quiet but now it yelps when being closed…any tips for lubing its joints and swivels?...WD40 helped for the short term but it doesn’t last…
All for now, best for 2021!.
Old 01-17-2021, 02:55 AM   #39

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Hi Harmsy
You can go onto Amazon and look up CRC Power Lube High Performance Lubricant w/PTFE. Mine used to creak loudly and act like it would get stuck as it was closing. After lubing ALL of the joints, no more issues. On the chassis battery issue, when I store my motor home at the storage lot, I plug in a small solar battery charger/tender to help top it off. It is a pain on my Mercedes Benz Sprinter since I open up the floor on the driver's side and plug it directly onto the battery. I stopped using the under the hood connection after my local MB dealership had to change out my chassis battery under warranty since it died and would not recover. It was in the last month of the warranty period. The MB rep told me that was the best way to keep it charged up while in storage. The other way was to install a battery disconnect to the chassis but you could run into issues with the radio holding the channels.

Paul
Old 01-17-2021, 03:11 AM   #40

THOR #20539
Many thanks Paul...I will do some research while I'm on the road.