Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-26-2020, 04:43 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude BH35
State: Texas
THOR #16693
My wife and I have our own "shower number", just like a sleep number bed. Mine is 106 and hers is 111 Just can't understand why they put the control in the half-bath and not in the back by the shower?

cbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 04:48 PM   #42

State: Missouri
THOR #19360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esqui View Post
Ok, so I am at my wits end when it comes to my Girard tankless water heater. The manual states it requires 45 psi for it to work properly. I haven't had any luck staying in any RV campgrounds that provide more than 40 psi. I have tried all the standard fixes and suggestions listed on several threads on this forum (changing shower heads, using only hot water, etc.) But have been unable to check the flow valve located on the backside of the tankless water heater.

Does anyone know how to access the backside of the tankless water heater on a 2020 Vegas 27.7?
I found the best way to use the tankless is similar to a previous guy who said don't use the city water with unknown pressure. I kept having problems until I started to use the on board water tank to take showers. First the pressure stays steady and second the water is not as cold as the water coming out of the outside source and the tankless doesn't have to work as hard.

Alajeu
Old 07-27-2020, 05:41 PM   #43

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
In the picture that Thoromnibb35 posted shows a water valve on the line. It may be turned down restricting the water flow causing the issue. The system needs 50-55psi to operate properly. An adjustable in line water pressure regulator should help out. I use one and set the water to 55 psi. You might also have sawdust/debris blocking the flow at the shower head/faucet screen that needs to be cleaned out.

Paul
Old 08-30-2020, 01:01 AM   #44

Model: Magnitude SV34
State: Texas
THOR #16368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
I would love to engage in this fight as well. Since day one our coach has spent more time at CW than in the lot we are paying to store it! We only have been gettin hot water to our bath sink and must run it there to get hot water to the kitchen to wash dishes. Needless to say, there are two problems w this. The grey and black tanks fill exceptionally fast and if the stopper slips in the bath sink (forget to take it out), we have a potential flood on our hands!! 🤬 For a coach at this price point, this is totally unacceptable!
UPDATE!! We were so pleasantly surprised that Thor Corporation reached out to us on this post and we were able to let them know that through the Thor Forum, we were able to research and find a solution to our problem. Our pressure regulator was only getting 40PSI, but when my husband turned it up to 50 - AMAZING! We have pressure AND hot water as much as we need and anywhere we need it. Of course, there are short periods of disruption when it runs for a longer amount of time, but we are for sure satisfied with this fix. Curious as to why Camping World was not able to guide us to this solution for over a year when they sell Thors with the tankless feature faster than they can get them. NOW! If we could only entice Camping World to move our punch list across the finish line since they've had our coach for the better part of the past year - have reached out to Thor on this subject as well.
Old 09-01-2020, 08:33 PM   #45
Mag

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 5
State: Ontario
THOR #16132
Solved our problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoromnibb35 View Post
I have a tankless hot water heater on my new Thor Omni BB 35 super C. It has never worked well. When we turn on the water it switches from hot to cold every few minutes. The hot water heater turns on and off multiple times throughout the shower. This has happened at multiple campgrounds. However, when I take it to Camping World, when they connected to their hose, it seems to work for them. I don’t know what to do. Any suggestions? Do I need to buy a new hot water heater on my own? Would a higher quality tankless hot water heater be the solution?
Had a similar problem so I installed a 2 gal pressure tank off the pump and haven't had an issue since. Never had an issue while on shore water.