Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-03-2020, 06:28 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Delano 24tt
State: Virginia
THOR #19471
Tankless water heater

Newbie with new Delano. So far not at all impressed with the build quality, and hoping it’s my lack of knowledge nd not Thor. Water pressure horrible, Even on city water, awning broken first week, leaks galore, refrigerator door swings open on curves, etc etc. and it drives like a rattle machine! I spent a lot of money for so many quality issues.
From day one the Girard tAnkless will heat bathroom sink water but shower heat shuts off after minute of less.
Tried removing pressure regulator and water filter, but problem remains.
And of course the manual says “error code” will tell you whAt to do, but so far No error codes appear.
Any experienced folks out there with a suggestion?
Thanks
Jgfairfax

Old 07-03-2020, 07:38 PM   #2

Model: 2019 Synergy 24MB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #16965
Try adjusting the Hot Water temp to around 100-105, then operate the shower with hot water only. That's how I've got my shower to operate with hot water consistently. When tankless hot water heaters detect a drop in pressure (e.g. when you turn to cold water up) they will shut-down.... by design.
Old 07-03-2020, 07:47 PM   #3

THOR #19471
Thanks. I think you’re right about water pressure issue, and I’ll try your idea as a temporary fix. But I’ve got to figure out the overall low water pressure on this new rig. Appreciate the help.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:32 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Look for build debris in the water screens...
Old 08-15-2020, 09:12 PM   #5

State: Alabama
THOR #14401
Can someone help! We are at a site city water hooked up in 2018 Thor vegas 25.3 electricity hooked up but when I turn on water pump water spits out profusely of the Gerard tankless ! When the city water spinket is in on position from outside water still come out tank no water coming out inside rv��
Old 08-16-2020, 05:04 AM   #6

THOR #19471
thor water pressure on city water

If you're on city water, you shouldn't be using the water pump; water pump for use only when using fresh water tank as the source.
Having said that, the water pressure is a constant problem in my Thor Delano as well, especially when not on city water. And the shower barely works regardless of which water source, and the lack of water pressure renders the tankless water heater almost useless.
These machines are just not built very well!
But again, if you're on city water, the water pressure comes from the city source, not from your water pump.
Old 08-16-2020, 05:13 AM   #7

THOR #19471
I couldn't tell from your message where the water was coming out, but Ive had a lot of trouble with my Gerard since new and have had to explore it some. If the tankless is spitting out water at the side, and not from the faucets or shower, Im guess you've got a busted water inlet to the tankless, or perhaps on the outlet side. Either way, if you cant see the source of the spitting when looking at the tankless from the outside, it is easily reachable, under the front dinette seat if thats your floor plan, and my guess is that the incoming line to the tankless has burst. If thats what you find, it is not too hard to disconnect the broken plastic hose, cut it back a little, and reconnect.

Let us know what you find; we'll all have the same problem in due time.
Old 08-18-2020, 12:57 PM   #8

Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Look for build debris in the water screens...

Where are the water screens located?
Old 08-18-2020, 01:40 PM   #9

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
There is a water screen at the water pump. It should be inside the plastic housing that just twists off. The other water screens would be at the end of each water faucet where the water comes out of the faucet. They also just untwist. Also take the shower head off and check for debris inside that also.

Paul
Old 08-18-2020, 02:56 PM   #10
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
You can also have a screen at the port where the hose connects to the coach, on the side or in a wet bay.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 07:48 PM   #11

Model: Citation
State: Texas
THOR #8139
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwadley View Post
There is a water screen at the water pump. It should be inside the plastic housing that just twists off. The other water screens would be at the end of each water faucet where the water comes out of the faucet. They also just untwist. Also take the shower head off and check for debris inside that also.

Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
You can also have a screen at the port where the hose connects to the coach, on the side or in a wet bay.
There's one where the water line hooks to the toilet.