Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2018, 02:14 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Florida
THOR #2154
Cockpit Air Conditioning - Fill Port

My 2015 Windsport 27K has weak cooling from the Ford air conditioning and I'd like to check the coolant and fill if needed.

I'm not sure of the low pressure port location. Does anyone know if the port shown in the attached photo is the low pressure side? (Upper left of photo).

I've done the same process on my Ford cars in the past with success, but not sure about this beast of a AC system on the F53.

Thanks in advance for advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC System Fill Port.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	14066  

Old 11-16-2018, 02:55 AM   #2

Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
The big port is the low pressure suction side little port is high pressure, You would need a set of a/c gauges for R-134a and you can check the pressures with it running typically the low side should be around 20inhg and high side can be anywhere from 200-325 and I am not sure of ford specs but typically that's the pressure ranges, or you can vac the system down and recharge as there should be a tag stating the amount of charge.
If you have access to a uv light the system should already have the dye in the system.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:41 PM   #3

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Florida
THOR #2154
Thank you simidrm! I just got back from NASCAR races in Homestead-Miami and strange enough, the AC was very cold this trip! I did find the second port was out of view behind some hoses, for future reference. Looking around the forum further I also found that most of the dash AC system is not Ford, but done by another company that is used by many RV manufacturers.

Hopefully the AC was froze up the previous trip when the air wasn't very cold. Time will tell!