Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-08-2020, 12:58 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #19107
Temp sensor error

We have a 2020 Thor Synergy 24ST. We keep getting the “Temperature sensor error” message. We live in Southeast Texas and this error will not allow our AC to operate. As you can imagine this RV is useless to us without AC in our area. We have had it in the shop 3 times for the same issue. Works for a few days...then the problem returns. This has been over the course of months....waiting to get it in the shop, waiting to get it back. It’s about to go in the shop for the 4th time now for the same issue before our 1 year warranty is up. Can anyone advise if you’ve had same issue and if you got it resolved???? We are beyond frustrated.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:17 PM   #2

THOR #19112
Temp sensor error

I have a 2019 Thor citation that has the same problem. Have taken to shops 3 or 4 times and they just replace the thermostat works for a little while longer before it goes out again. Recently replaced the thermostat and it did not work this time. Has to be electrical hopefully they will fix it this time as I am taking it to the shop later this week. I will let you know if I find anything and please let me know if you find anything.
Old 06-08-2020, 07:44 PM   #3

THOR #19107
Thank you for the response! I will definitely let you know if we learn anything new. Keep us posted as well! Maybe together we can get this worked out. So frustrating.
Old 06-29-2020, 01:19 AM   #4

Model: 2019 Synergy 24MB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #16965
I've got a 2019 Thor Synergy 24MB and here's how I fixed it:

1) I studied the wiring diagrams and found that the temp sensor wire is Orange / White

2) I removed the drawer which was above the AC Breaker / 12V Fuse Box, which gave me access to the "multiplex planel".

3) I found the Orange / White wire and wiggled the wire where it's attached to the connector that plugs into the multiplex panel. Voila! The Temp Sensor started working again.

*** I seem to have to do this fix every few weeks, so I need to study that wiring connector more closely to make a permanent fix.
Old 06-29-2020, 01:42 AM   #5

Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
Don't know if this is the same problem we had a couple years ago while in Iowa. It was very humid and high 90's. Apparently the temp regulator frosted up due to humidity and gave us a similar message. I could shut it down for an hour and it returned to normal until the following day when the heat and humidity were again very high. Thats the only time we had the problem. Good luck
Old 07-17-2020, 02:04 AM   #6

THOR #19107
Hi we did drive the 2020 Thor Synergy back up to the dealer. They replaced the wiring and the sensor. The service tech said that he could see where others had previously patched the wiring. This time they actually replaced the wiring. It’s been a week or so that we’ve had it back home. We’ve checked it several days in a row and all appears to be working now. Hoping that you are able to get yours working as well.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:22 PM   #7

THOR #19112
Temperature sensing error

Yes I have the same temperature sensing error and I took it to camping world they seem to just want to replace the temperature sensor but I told them it was more than that. What was the name of the business and/or mechanic that fixed your problem. Thanks any help you can give me.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:17 PM   #8

THOR #16965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregtexan View Post
Yes I have the same temperature sensing error and I took it to camping world they seem to just want to replace the temperature sensor but I told them it was more than that. What was the name of the business and/or mechanic that fixed your problem. Thanks any help you can give me.
Gregtexan, after repeated failures, it now seems to be fixed. I used this procedure and did the work myself:

1) I studied the wiring diagrams and found that the temp sensor wire is Orange / White. When I bought my Thor they both gave me a wiring diagram AND access to a company web site with all the manuals and the same wiring diagram

2) I removed the drawer which was above the AC Breaker / 12V Fuse Box, which gave me access to the "multiplex panel".

3) I found the Orange / White wire and wiggled the wire where it's attached to the connector that plugs into the multiplex panel. Voila! The Temp Sensor started working again. The last time I did this, I spent a little more time making sure that the Orange/White wire was seated really well into it's connector which plugs into the multiplex panel.

I been using the AC regularly with no temp sensor errors!

If you're going to have a dealer do the work - I'd ask them to check all the wiring connections....
Old 08-18-2020, 02:38 PM   #9

THOR #19112
Hi retired2020, could you tell me the name of the dealer and person that rewired your Thor motorhome.

Thanks
Old 09-02-2020, 12:03 AM   #10

THOR #19112
Hi sunrise camp, thanks for the info a while back. Could you tell me what kind of connection there is to the multiplex panel. Would it be easy to change wires?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 11-15-2020, 02:41 PM   #11

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #2970
Thank you SunriseCamp! I have a Citation 24SK and have had this intermittent issue since we got it. Has never really been a problem because it would not last long. However a norther blew through in the night, and the sensor decided to fail. Thanks to “the wiggle” of J3 we are now warm! Like you, will need to get a perm fix.
Old 05-04-2023, 02:44 PM   #12

State: British Columbia
THOR #29049
Angry Temperature sensor wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunriseCamp View Post

1) I studied the wiring diagrams and found that the temp sensor wire is Orange / White

2) I removed the drawer which was above the AC Breaker / 12V Fuse Box, which gave me access to the "multiplex planel".

3) I found the Orange / White wire and wiggled the wire where it's attached to the connector that plugs into the multiplex panel. Voila! The Temp Sensor started working again.

*** I seem to have to do this fix every few weeks, so I need to study that wiring connector more closely to make a permanent fix.
SunriseCamp - Not sure if you're still on this forum - thank-you for posting about the orange/white wire - it saved us. Were you able to find a permanent fix for this issue b/c after every move we have to wiggle that darn wire in the under storage area to get the temp sensor on again.https://www.thorforums.com/forums/im...cons/icon8.gif
2019 Synergy 24SS
Old 10-21-2023, 09:19 PM   #13

Model: Thor citation
State: Quebec
THOR #31118
Merci beaucoup cela m à été utile
Old 10-21-2023, 09:21 PM   #14

THOR #31118
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunriseCamp View Post

Thanks . It was very useful for me . I try and It works
Old 10-21-2023, 09:41 PM   #15

THOR #16965
Sarko, thanks for the note. I see that my little wiggle of the wire has worked for several of you! I finally got up the nerve to push really hard on that wire and reseated it. No intermittent failures since.

I still get occasional weird temperature readings that I've just learned to live with. I installed the Vega Touch Mira app on my phone which allows me to control the temperature (and everything else on the master display) on my phone. I can turn on/off the heat or AC from my phone sitting on the couch or in-bed..... works pretty nice!
Old 10-21-2023, 11:11 PM   #16

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
This past summer one of our temp sensors started acting up giving me crazy readings from -20 to 99 degrees every few seconds while driving. The temp sensor that is located in the front living room of our Thor Miramar near the dinette controls the forward a/c unit. With it giving readings all across the board, it would not allow the front a/c to come on when the temps were very high inside which usually happened while we were driving. Once that temp sensor(Temp Miser Sensor) for our Coleman A/C unit was replaced, everything started working properly. I have two roof top A/C units and each has their own temp miser sensor to control the A/C. The R V Tech told me that they can be sensitive to dust.

I am buying a spare on Amazon for around $35.00 in case we have another issue. It is easy to replace.

Paul
Old 10-21-2023, 11:18 PM   #17

THOR #31118
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwadley View Post
This past summer one of our temp sensors started acting up giving me crazy readings from -20 to 99 degrees every few seconds while driving. The temp sensor that is located in the front living room of our Thor Miramar near the dinette controls the forward a/c unit. With it giving readings all across the board, it would not allow the front a/c to come on when the temps were very high inside which usually happened while we were driving. Once that temp sensor(Temp Miser Sensor) for our Coleman A/C unit was replaced, everything started working properly. I have two roof top A/C units and each has their own temp miser sensor to control the A/C. The R V Tech told me that they can be sensitive to dust.

I am buying a spare on Amazon for around $35.00 in case we have another issue. It is easy to replace.

Paul
I understand we don’t change the sensor but we have a spare .