Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-11-2022, 04:45 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Indiana
THOR #26485
Thor 2015 Windsport 34j Fresh Water tank

I am new to the forum and have put in several different search parameters for the issue I am having and cannot find if someone has posted on this issue. I have a 2015 Windsport 34j that I bought last September. I was able to get the fresh water tank to drain using the low point drain. A couple of weeks ago I was getting it de-winterized. I put in some fresh water tank sanitizer and then filled the tank the rest of the way up with fresh water. I went to drain it at the low point drains and nothing. I called Thor tech support and they tried to help me find the fresh water tank drain underneath the master bed and it is not there.

I have searched everywhere I know where to search and cannot find the freshwater tank drain. I also cannot get the freshwater to come out of the kitchen sink, bathroom sink or the shower. I do have the pump on and can hear it running. The valve just off the fresh water tank is turned open. I am not for sure if there is another way to drain the freshwater tank or if I am missing something just completely obvious.

Old 04-11-2022, 05:54 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Did you see this thread?

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8...ain-11346.html
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 06:30 PM   #3

THOR #26485
Thanks

That one did not show up or it was buried, thank you for sharing!
Old 04-12-2022, 04:19 PM   #4

Model: Forest River Forester 235
THOR #6826
Probably the winterizing valve still is in the winterize position. Does the valve at the bottom of the tank that you said is open have a clear hose attached to it? Try closing the valve and see what happens. Once the pump is able to draw from the tank all of your faucets should work again and your pump also should drain the tank through the low point drains. It’s faster and easier than using a direct tank drain anyway.

Tags
2015, fresh water tank, windsport j34