Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2021, 03:00 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Maine
THOR #23422
Thor ACE 27.2 - Couch mispositioned

The couch in my 2018 Thor ACE 27.2 is positioned approx 2.5” to the left (toward front passenger seat) from where it should be. The built-in shelf unit with drink holders is also mispositioned. I’ve attached a photo to show how the couch and built-in shelf unit behind it are not centered on the window.
The improper placement of the couch prevents the front passenger seat from swiveling, even with the seat slid all the way forward. The couch appears to be screwed (not bolted) to the floor and should be fairly easy to reposition. However, I can’t figure out how the built-in shelf unit is attached to the coach wall/floor and therefore how to move it… if I move only the couch, the unfinished back of the couch will be exposed as one enters the coach. Does anyone have experience in the removal of the built-in shelf unit behind the couch? Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	46932AAC-B9AF-4C46-B940-D16417978128.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	33689  

Old 09-16-2021, 05:52 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter C View Post
The couch in my 2018 Thor ACE 27.2 is positioned approx 2.5” to the left (toward front passenger seat) from where it should be. The built-in shelf unit with drink holders is also mispositioned. I’ve attached a photo to show how the couch and built-in shelf unit behind it are not centered on the window.
The improper placement of the couch prevents the front passenger seat from swiveling, even with the seat slid all the way forward. The couch appears to be screwed (not bolted) to the floor and should be fairly easy to reposition. However, I can’t figure out how the built-in shelf unit is attached to the coach wall/floor and therefore how to move it… if I move only the couch, the unfinished back of the couch will be exposed as one enters the coach. Does anyone have experience in the removal of the built-in shelf unit behind the couch? Thank you!
My shelf behind the couch had three small L brackets screwed into the wall. With the couch moved forward, it was easy to remove the screws and remove the shelf. I needed to remove the shelf, so the new reclining love seat would fit on the slide.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 09:38 PM   #3

Model: ACE 27.2
State: Texas
THOR #12722
I also have a Ace 27.2, 2018. Currently it is in the shop getting a third slid out motor replaced. Only one original slide out motor left. When I get it back, I will look and see if it resembles your Pic. I will be following to see what you do to resolve it. I've been thinking about getting rid of the couch for something more comfortable.