Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2017, 11:29 PM   #1
MSK

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 37.4 Former ACE30
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1590
Thor ACE Auto Leveler Problem

I parked my 2015 Thor ACE 30.1 at the house and winterized it. A few days later I went to start it to return it to storage and I got a "Jacks Down" alarm and alert. I had not lowered the jacks, but I attempted to raise them using the retract all button. I could hear the pump running and then I got a "low voltage" light. I shut the vehicle down and checked to see if any of the jacks were down. They were not. I checked and the house batteries were depleted so I moved the RV to where I could charge them over night. Next day the batteries were fully charged but when I started the RV all of the notification lights on the auto leveler started blinking simultaneously and stayed that way. The auto leveler would not respond to any of the buttons.

The manual does not cover any troubleshooting or repair steps. Any suggestions before I take it back to the dealer?

Old 11-25-2017, 01:20 AM   #2

Model: Windsport 34P
State: Arizona
THOR #5872
boot

Try a reboot by unplugging it,like a hard boot on your computer.
Retired mechanic
Ewok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 02:28 AM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Press the 4 direction arrows at the same time to reset the controller/panel. Unplugging will not do it.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 03:11 PM   #4

THOR #5872
Level

Is this the system you have? If so this might help. It is the system on my 2017 Windsport 34P. I had to reset my level as the dealer couldn't ,it would lift the tires off the ground at a level site! I check the site with a level to be sure.
Retired mechanic
Old 11-25-2017, 03:17 PM   #5

THOR #5872
?

I uploaded the doc but not there I'll try again

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...3-Present).pdf

Had to do it this way.
Retired mechanic
Old 11-25-2017, 04:08 PM   #6
MSK

Model: Palazzo 37.4 Former ACE30
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1590
Thanks Alan, that is the system I have, so I'll go through the manual and let you know what works.

MSK
US Army Ret
Vietnam Helo pilot (x2)
Old 12-23-2020, 04:01 PM   #7

State: California
THOR #19214
Hello Al castro I have a 2018 Thor aca 30.3. i parked the rig on a flat surface for 3 days and the levelers where down. i noticed the front tires where off the ground and the rear ones where almost off the ground. when i tried to go home the levelers will not respond. my rig has lci electronics leveling touch pad ( 175225) I called Lippert components and spoke with Ramsey. his advice was to go to dealership and have them check why the engage park brake system is not sending a signal that the hand brake has been engaged, Currently the rig is home the leveling pad indicates 1) jacks are down ( they are not) 2) engage park brake 3) excess angle this lights keep on blinking . we tried pressing front , right,left,rear buttons for 2 seconds, it did not work
I don't understand why you cannot reset the system to try to replicate that the "park brake system is not sending a signal" .per Lipper manual ccd-00001527 rev o116.19 after 4 minutes the system will reset itself , it is not doing that. interesting locally i'm a retired electrical engineer with 30 + years of experience. the saga will continue haha
Old 01-29-2021, 05:11 PM   #8

State: California
THOR #19214
leveling system broken communication wire

I followed the wiring from the electronics leveling touch pad to the ( 4 way valve) AKA the "brain". I found out is the harness from the brain to touch pad is exposed to items being moved in and out in the basement. The harness has 4 wires the yellow " communication" signals was broken. in retrospect listen to advice but follow your gut feeling.

Mod Edit - Broken wire picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	harness with broken yellow   wire.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	28309   Click image for larger version

Name:	lcipad for etrailer.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	28310  

Click image for larger version

Name:	4 point controller.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	28311  
Old 01-29-2021, 05:24 PM   #9
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by al castro View Post
I followed the wiring from the electronics leveling touch pad to the ( 4 way valve) AKA the "brain". I found out is the harness from the brain to touch pad is exposed to items being moved in and out in the basement. The harness has 4 wires the yellow " communication" signals was broken. in retrospect listen to advice but follow your gut feeling.]
You can't post an image stored on your PC, it has to be hosted on an Internet location, but you can ATTACH it to the post using the paperclip icon to select and upload the image. It will be attached to the post as a large thumbnail and when someone clicks on it it opens full size.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
auto levelers, thor, thor ace 30.1