Originally Posted by reportingguru
I have a 2022 Thor Compass 23TW. It has a Cummings Onan OG 4000 generator. The generator has been working fine. I had it in storage a few months and got it out, and the generator won't crank at all. Seems like it isn't receiving any power. Any ideas? Is there a fuse or breaker somewhere that I am missing?
Troubleshooting details thus far:
- House Battery is full
- I plugged into shore power too charge everything
- I have run the motorhome engine and tried to crank while running
- It won't crank using the control panel
- It won't crank directly on the generator switch either. When pushing the prime, it doesn't light up either.
- I flipped the switch that is next to the start button on the generator (not sure if that is a breaker)
- I reset the fuse/breaker that is on the house batteries
- I flipped on an off all breakers inside the coach
Any other suggestions of a fuse or breaker somewhere?
What breaker would that be?
The only breaker inline between the house batteries is a 100 amp DC breker in, or very near, the house battery compartment. Find it, trip it, reset it. If that doesn't solve your problem, measure the voltage at the starter solenoid on the generator itself. If 12+ VDC there, and it won't crank using the switch on the generator, then you have a controller problem.