Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-04-2020, 07:58 PM   #21

Brand: Redwood
State: Alberta
THOR #14499
They got your $$......Good bye...Welcome to the RV industry

Old 03-04-2020, 08:35 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #6903
https://www.thormotorcoach.com/contact-us/torc/

To the OP

Get signed up and get all your specific data
Old 03-04-2020, 08:42 PM   #23

State: Virginia
THOR #15244
You haven't even begun to get screwed over by Thor yet. Our 16 ACE 30.2 is basically a heaping pile [Mod Edit] already.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:30 PM   #24

Model: Windsport 35c
State: Texas
THOR #16922
My 2 Cents. I purchased my 2017 windsport 35c in October of 2016, by October of 17 my house batteries were trash.
I complain to Thor over and over, then they finally told me to bring to the office for repairs. I live in katy Texas.
The date of the appointment was 26 December 2017.
Remember that Thor is up in Indiana.
Needless to say all of the important people were at home for Christmas.
I explained to the mechanics that I was here to get it fixed.
Their response was "no important people around to authorize replacement " after discussing with the mechanic he said they had to be replaced just to inspect the problem I had with the switch you set to start the generator when the batteries get low. The mechanic changed them out and completed the repairs and we were on our way to Tennessee.
So the moral of the story is the mechanic helped us , when management was less than helpful.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:35 PM   #25

State: Rhode Island
THOR #11834
I have found Thor customer service to run hot and cold. Sometimes they are excellent, but other times they are poor. For example, I have been complaining about cable reception on TV not appearing clearly. I have talked to Thor about it, and Camping World, while still under warranty. Problem never fixed, so I want to have it serviced. I asked Thor, through email with some one named Lori, if they would provide some financial assistance on service call. I have not received an email back, with either yes or no, in over a week.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:46 PM   #26

Model: Outlaw 38MB
State: Florida
THOR #18099
Yes, could be 6 Volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Thor doesn't install 6 volt batteries as OEM. Did you buy this new?
Many people replace the OEM 12 volt batteries in parallel with 6 volt batteries in series.

How many water caps on each battery?

3 = 6 Volt battery
6 - 12 Volt battery.
Hate to disagree, but my 2020 Outlaw 38MB came with 4 - 6 volt house batteries. Totally agree with the rest of your comments.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:49 PM   #27
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONJON View Post
Hate to disagree, but my 2020 Outlaw 38MB came with 4 - 6 volt house batteries. Totally agree with the rest of your comments.
He sated that he was thinking about Cs and smaller class As not thinking about the larger Class A units with 4 battery configurations in a follow-on post.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 09:51 PM   #28

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwiemer View Post
What's their number
Google is your friend.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:03 PM   #29

Model: Outlaw 38MB
THOR #18099
Awww Sooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
He sated that he was thing about Cs and smaller class As not thinking about the larger Class A units with 4 battery configurations in a follow-on post.
Sorry, didn't catch the Class C thing.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:05 PM   #30
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwiemer View Post
What's their number
You could look in your provided paperwork, or
you could Google it, or
You could try this link: https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f1...rhomes-22.html
You could go to their Website to find it:

Quote:
You may contact Thor Motor Coach’s Customer Service department by using our Owners Only toll-free phone line at (877) 855-*2867
https://www.thormotorcoach.com/customer-care/
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 03:14 AM   #31
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
I have had a great response with Thor. Purchased a used 2013 Palazzo 33.2 late last year. While sanitizing the water system, the water pump stopped along with the water heater and tank level meters. I had to go on a trip the next day so I used a fused jumper to run the water heater and was hooked up to the city water. I was able to finish the purification isolating the water pump and power it externally using a battery jumper box. I was able to email support. but did not get a good response from them even though I described the problem. The response was to be sent a worthless drawing. Called and got a good rep who got a tech. Tech told me it was a relay behind the fuse/relay boxes. He then helped her to get me all the cable drawings to my rig. Explained that their isn't a parts list or schematic that could be given out to the owners or anyone else. Didn't matter. I knew that the relay would have the manufacture and part number on it. Took two days from Amazon to get it. All on a used seven year old rig.

Many need to understand that each manufacture has its own rules. Thor wishes to fully support their RV dealerships. What Thor does not understand is that some of them are far less than adequate and have technicians that are more less learn on the job hobbyist. At least my selling dealer has all RVDA-RVIA RV Service Technicians. They have been very responsive on a big slide problem being serviced on an extended warranty. They have reassured me working with Lippert, it will be much stronger then the OEM parts used that caused the problem.

When I had a Heartland Big Horn fifth wheel, Heartland was great do deal with. If an owner wanted to do the warranty work themselves within reason, they would send the owner the parts. If you wanted a part number and to order it after warranty, they would help. If you wanted to use an independent RV repair facility, with prior approval, you could, and I did. They were easy to work with and very responsive. They seem to take the position that if a dealership was that lousy with repairs and/or time to get it in or done, then they chose the owner over the dealership. A happy owner will look again at a Heartland when they are happy with the company and product. If Heartland produced a Class A diesel, I would have a Heartland since they made me quit a happy owner.
Old 03-05-2020, 06:09 PM   #32

State: Arizona
THOR #6671
Just need to say, for the record, that my experience with Thor customer service has been outstanding, even with issues that were outside the original warranty period. They spent considerable time on my behalf working with our dealer's service department to iron out some confusion along the way. In my Thor account, I have access to all original documents, including detailed specifications, model numbers, etc. We live in the hot desert, so I replace batteries just about every three years ... good insurance.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:30 PM   #33

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
What he said
Old 03-06-2020, 12:01 AM   #34

Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
THOR #9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by amonnar View Post
i have to say i am SO disappointed with the customer service at Thor. i have recently asked for two things:
1) is there a list of fluids that is available for the chassis, such as ATF, anti-freeze, oil, etc that is recommended. i was told to contact Ford. now of course i can do that, but why is not part of the service and documentation that is provided wit the motorhome? it's not like i didn't spend a large sum of money on that. also, thor contracts with the chassis manufacturer, certainly easy enough for them to make that request of their partner. the fact that this doesn't even occur to thor, complete lack of customer focus.

2) recently requested information on house batteries. i was given the company name with a phone number. great, the problem is the moron at thor who installed the house batteries sprayed painted all of the labels such that i cannot identify anything on the battery. again, can i get the info, sure; can thor make this easily and readily available to the customer so that they can provide a better experience, of cour
se!! the executive in charge of customer service should be fired and a new person with a true customer focus placed in charge. to send the customer chasing information for everything is truly a shame and an opportunity lost for thor.

and let's not get into repairs and such that i have had to already complete on my 2019. i'm just asking for some really simple stuff here.
If you're talking about the 800 tech line, I've been nothing but amazed at how helpful they have been with all my calls.
Old 03-07-2020, 03:58 PM   #35

THOR #18144
Let the newbie answer. I have had my Thor motor coach for 1 week. Ford, Chevy or Mercedes motor/cab warranty is handled by that manufacturer & everything Thor is handled by them
Old 03-08-2020, 12:38 PM   #36

State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwiemer View Post
what's their number
(800) 860-5658
Old 07-10-2020, 09:57 PM   #37
DnA

State: Arizona
THOR #16080
I would like to thank someone in customer service for the help she gave me. Jacquelyn Rios went above and beyond to expedite the shipment of my sofa for my class A.
Between my dealer and Thor I was waiting for it to be shipped and no one could figure out why it was still sitting at Thor. Jacquelyn followed up on everything for me and finally got it shipped out. Thank you again for all the help.
Please forward this to her supervisor for a job well done.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:07 AM   #38
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by DnA View Post
I would like to thank someone in customer service for the help she gave me. Jacquelyn Rios went above and beyond to expedite the shipment of my sofa for my class A.
Between my dealer and Thor I was waiting for it to be shipped and no one could figure out why it was still sitting at Thor. Jacquelyn followed up on everything for me and finally got it shipped out. Thank you again for all the help.
This forum is not managed by Thor and unless the supervisor is a member and logs in they will not see the kudos. You might want to shoot Thor an email message.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 12:08 AM   #39
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by DnA View Post
This site is not affiliated with Thor Motor Coach but perhaps someone there will see your post and pass it on. They have perused these forums in the past.

But the rest of us here always like to hear about good customer service from both Thor as well as some of their dealers.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 01:42 AM   #40

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #11781
Thor does monitor this forum. They have reached out to me in the past when I posted problems with my coach.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote