Thor Freedom Elite 30FE repairs/modifications
I have been working on my RV since I got it home. My wife and I are both handy, and this is my 4th RV (first motorhome) and her first. None of these issues are huge problems, and they are just lack of attention to detail (QA issues). So here is the list of repairs and modifications
- Put the vent for the range hood to the outside
- Aluminum Tape the intake/output of the A/C plenum (13,500 btu is undersized for two slide-outs, address that later)
- Aluminum Tape back of the ceiling vents plastic, then reflective pillows in each
- Great Stuff sealant each end of vents to keep debris and cold air from going into non-critical areas
- Wifi booster on 12V
- TV in master with Roku and EmulationStation
- Roku's on 3 TV's
- Playstation 4 in the front
- Tinted all windows, including cab (highly recommend)
- Installed USB chargers on each side of the master bed
- Cut the "yellow wire" turning off the TV while driving
- Vacuumed out as much of the sawdust I could in both the a/c ductwork and the electrical / water tank compartments.
- A/C Plenum was not installed correctly, was laying on its side
- No weatherstripping in the back window was leaking like crazy in the rain
- Black Waste pipe not assembled correctly, debris from manufacturing found in the black tank and stopping up the lines (this was fun to clean out)
- The ladder for the upper bunk was too long for the hooks to work
- The upper bunk edge was attached with the same hardware used to "secure" the window treatments, replaced with actual wood screws.
- no battery in smoke detector
To be done:
- LED lights are out under the awning, don't have time to fix that now
- Very concerned about the A/C sizing. I haven't yet decided how to address, so right now just focusing on cutting down the heat load as much as possible.