Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2023, 04:59 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Thor class c outlaw
State: California
THOR #18162
Thor Outlaw 29j rain leak

This model has a pop out behind the drivers seat. Somehow there is water coming from under the closed pop out on the floor toward the drivers compartment.
It’s a 2020 and I checked the roof all Dicor sealing is good. The pop out was repaired at the dealer a couple years ago under warranty. The top slide out awning looks good and the side seals of the pop out look good also.

Any ideas how or where to look for this leak.

Old 03-21-2023, 06:42 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Possibly across the top of the slide awning/topper where the bracket/housing runs parallel over the slide. It's attached and sealed to the body siding.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 11:06 AM   #3

Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
We had that happen to us one time. 2016 Outlaw 29J.

During our trip, the hydraulic levelers went into a fit, I got the jacks retracted, but had one more week of camping to go at another campground without the leveling system working. The site was fairly level so we did not worry much. Then a hard cross wind rain came for a day and water entered somewhere and ran across the floor some.

Not sure where water got in. It was not dripping from ceiling, nor running down the wall, just across the floor from between stove countertop and sofa. I figured that there must have been a little lean on the rig, plus the intensity of rain & wind direction. Levelers got fixed to work again, never had the water enter again, so I gave up looking.

Maybe you are not quite level enough. And/or the rain particulars were specific enough for the water to migrate in. I'm not sure.
Old 06-16-2023, 08:55 PM   #4

THOR #18162
So it looks a bit weird. The leaking water is coming from inside of the pop out wall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6367.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	42421   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6366.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	42422  

Old 06-17-2023, 03:58 AM   #5

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I had a 2018 29H and we had a similar leak. After the coach sat for a few weeks I would have water leaking from behind the drivers seat…. even sometimes hitting my head.

The dealer replaced the window in the cap thinking it was leaking but I got it back and still had the same leak.

I ended up trading in the coach and never found the source of the leak. When I spoke to the techs at the Factory Service Center in Wakarusa, they said the Class C front caps are notorious for leaks because of all the seams since it is not a one piece fiberglass cap.

You might try using Geocel Proflex Clear around all the front cap seams.
Old 06-17-2023, 04:18 AM   #6

THOR #18162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I had a 2018 29H and we had a similar leak. After the coach sat for a few weeks I would have water leaking from behind the drivers seat…. even sometimes hitting my head.

The dealer replaced the window in the cap thinking it was leaking but I got it back and still had the same leak.

I ended up trading in the coach and never found the source of the leak. When I spoke to the techs at the Factory Service Center in Wakarusa, they said the Class C front caps are notorious for leaks because of all the seams since it is not a one piece fiberglass cap.

You might try using Geocel Proflex Clear around all the front cap seams.

Thanks I will double check up there. But there is no water on the ceiling anywhere. Also no water on top of the pop out. Maybe it was going from the pop out outside under the floor and down the back wall. I sealed some outside molding. I try the hose again.