Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-07-2017, 06:02 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite
State: Oklahoma
THOR #7244
Dish Tailgater

My husband is in the process of installing a Dish Tailgater satellite to our 2017 Freedom Elite FE29. When he runs the cable to each tv individually they all 3 work. But when he plugs into the outside cable connection- nothing. He has flipped the antenna switch so that's not the problem. Suggestion?? (BTW - he has no idea I'm posting this. He will probably be irritated. [emoji23])

Old 06-07-2017, 07:08 PM   #2

THOR #7244
Update: all three tvs are working at the same time (same channel). He has determined there must be a short in wire someplace between the outside cable box and inside switch.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:39 AM   #3

Model: A.C.E. 29.2
THOR #2542
What Dish receiver are you using and how is it connected to you 3 TV's?
Old 06-12-2017, 02:54 AM   #4

THOR #7244
Dish 211K. No longer available thru Dish but I ordered a reconditioned one thru Amazon. Just connected to the receiver but all TV's have to watch the same thing.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:26 PM   #5

THOR #2542
Tailgater

Okey dokey; the 211K is the same one we've had for 3+ years. It has a single tuner and will only feed one TV or, as you all have found, multiple tv's viewing the same channel.

On our A.C.E., I installed a separate cable connector to bring the satellite feed into the coach to the 211K to avoid messing with the existing antenna and cable arrangement. The 211 is then connected to the TV using the factory installed HDMI cable. With this arrangement, we are free to use either the OTA antenna, an RV park's cable service, or our own Dish Tailgater.

Our at home Dish Hopper will feed multiple TV's using their Joey's at each extra TV, either hard wired or wireless. You might want to talk to Dish's customer service to see if those might work with the Tailgater.

Here's a link to Dish's FAQ's regarding the Tailgater: https://www.mydish.com/support/tailg...r-to-tailgater

Please post back your resolution and best of luck!!
Old 06-12-2017, 02:28 PM   #6

THOR #7244
Appreciate the feed back. My first issue to get resolved is the short in the coach wiring from the outside cable box to the receiver. I traced this out with my ohms meter. My last Conversation with camping world was that I could not have a satellite in this coach!!! Seriously ! I think they also discovered the short and did not want to screw with it. I have a call into Thor to see what they have to say.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #7

THOR #2542
More feedback

CW is only half right. You can have satellite input; just can't do it using the factory cable input without a lot of hassle and even then you will still get one channel on all TV's using the VIP211K.

Your "short" is most likely where the cable connects to the OTA circuit inside the your signal booster switch box.