Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-13-2020, 03:41 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #15490
I called my dealership on this and they are the only thor maintenance shop around and they told me. "I dont think we are allowed to do that".. so I'm just gonna hope if mine burns down I'm not in it then I'll get a new RV from them...

Old 12-13-2020, 07:14 PM   #22

Model: Windsport 34R
State: Florida
THOR #18056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I've got one thing for you to try. Power down your 12V to reboot the system. Either pull the shore power or turn off the breaker for the converter with the shore power plugged in and then put the Use / Store switch to Store for a minute. Then put the Use / Store back in the Use position.

Then see what happens and if fixes your problem.

I had a similar problem with the A/C units in my 2020 Magnitude. Rebooting the system by shutting down the 12V would fix the problem... but only temporarily.

Eventually I had to have the G7a control board replaced. I spent time on the phone troubleshooting with FireFly and ultimately they determined that it was likely a bad control board.

It was under warranty so they required me to have a dealer replace it under warranty. If it wasn't under warranty, I think they would have sent me the part to replace it myself. The new G7a board fixed my problem.
Did what Judge suggested and it seems to be working. Thanks for all the feedback. Stay tuned....
Old 12-13-2020, 07:32 PM   #23

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR24 View Post
Did what Judge suggested and it seems to be working. Thanks for all the feedback. Stay tuned....

Keep an eye on it. If it happens again and the 12V reset fixes the problem, call the dealer and tell them you have a defective FireFly Main Control Board. They are going to need to order one from Thor and have FireFly send out the one with the correct configuration and firmware on it for your coach.

Mine was having the same issues controlling the A/C units. The fans could run without the compressor.... the compressor could run without the fan.... or the controls would not turn the A/C’s off.

They replaced my FireFly G7a Main Control Board back in June and I did not have any more issues.
Old 12-18-2020, 01:12 AM   #24

THOR #18056
Update: Furnance would not fire, fan would come on but no fire. Spoke with Thor, they sent me to Firefly, worked with Jesse at Firefly and verified the G9 was sending 13.5v to furnace. He sent me back to Thor but did log the issue. Thor had me remove and clean the sail switch. Furnace fired for 3-5 seconds, then re fired and lasted about 8 seconds, then finally fired and kept running. It'19 degrees and had 20" of snow here in New England so the coach was only 27 degrees when I was doing all this. Had to call it quits after temp got up to 45. Will try again tomorrow and see if it cycles on and off like it should.

Thanks again for your help.

TW, Jesse said the re-call did not require a board swap, only added a new ground and a fuse block preventing a high voltage spike to the board.
Old 12-19-2020, 08:26 PM   #25

Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campnjoe View Post
Anyone have any experience with this firefly recall for windsports and hurricanes?
Got ours back and done. Guess way more than a firmware upgrade!

Been told it is a fire hazard!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fireflyfix.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	27715  
Old 04-17-2021, 04:21 PM   #26

State: Texas
THOR #21191
Late to the party
I talked w Thor and they sent me the dealer instructions for the firefly recall. Great pictures showing all steps needed to install. It is a simple fix complicated by it having to be done by an authorized dealer. In TX, because of franchise law, only a dealer who sells that particular RV model can do the work. A regular Thor authorized service center can not. I bought my windsport 34R used from out of state and learned the hard way. Called local (30 mile away) CW made appointment, arrived and was told we can’t do that (they don’t sell windsport). Now waiting on another appointment.....at a dealer who wants me to drive over (35 miles in other direction) so they can look and see what’s needed. I sent them the dealer instructions with all the info and they still need to look, then order part etc.
I am trying to avoid the driving and the waiting.
My biggest gripe so far is that many service departments don’t answer the phone!!!!! BTW I do have a very good repair shop for everything else just not this darn recall item!