Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2020, 04:20 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
Thor recall 20v-498

Anyone have any experience with this firefly recall for windsports and hurricanes?

Old 10-27-2020, 05:28 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 35m
THOR #13505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campnjoe View Post
Anyone have any experience with this firefly recall for windsports and hurricanes?
We just got our recalled letter and called our repair shop manager and he is submitting request for new unit. Said they have no clue how fast it will take.
Old 10-27-2020, 05:45 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 34R
State: Indiana
THOR #19887
Dealer is working to try to get the new parts for a month now.
It seems it was in back order.
They asked me to take a picture of the label in the box and inform the software version.
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 11:11 PM   #4

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
The Firefly parts take a little longer to get. Thor does not stock them. Thor has to order them from Firefly and they program the boards with the proper firmware and coach configuration because the same board can be used in multiple configurations. Firefly them ships them out to the dealer (or customer).
Old 10-28-2020, 01:38 PM   #5

THOR #19102
I purchased out of state so going to that dealer is not an option and the dealers near me are booked up it seems. Would they send me the part? The letter states 30 minute install and I bet a lot of that is getting to the control panel. Shouldn't be that hard.
Old 10-28-2020, 02:02 PM   #6
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I kind of doubt that they'll send it to you...
Since it's a recall: they probably need to have their Dealers do the job.
But it wouldn't hurt to ask: good luck!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 11:38 AM   #7

Model: Windsport 27B
State: Tennessee
THOR #14933
I called my dealer, they wanted me to drive an hour to get there so they could get mileage and photo to then order the part. If anyone gets this done, I'd like to know how long it took to get the parts and how big a job it is.
Old 11-03-2020, 11:57 AM   #8
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I'd tell them that I would be willing to the the pictures they need, and send them to the Service Manager's email...
Old 11-03-2020, 12:31 PM   #9
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I'd tell them that I would be willing to the the pictures they need, and send them to the Service Manager's email...
Since the photos and info will be used in the configuration of there new board any dealer worth their weight in salt will want to take the pictures themselves. If something goes wrong they have to bite the bullet.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 10:10 PM   #10

State: Texas
THOR #10043
Can somebody educate me on what this firefly contraption is?
2017 Windsport
Old 11-04-2020, 11:05 PM   #11

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimo73 View Post
Can somebody educate me on what this firefly contraption is?
2017 Windsport
The FireFly system uses a touch screen display to control heat, A/C, lights, the generator, slides, awnings, fans, etc. It also uses wireless control pads throughout the coach to turn on the lights, open the awning, etc. instead of having wired switches and buttons.

There is also an app available that allows you to control the all of those systems from a phone, tablet, etc.
Old 11-04-2020, 11:39 PM   #12

State: Texas
THOR #10043
Ahh! Thank you!
Old 11-05-2020, 03:49 AM   #13

State: California
THOR #15490
Recal?

What is this about a firefly recall? I have the firefly in my 2020 windsport 34j and didnt get anything yet. I recently moved also. Should I take mine into the local dealer and see what they say or just wait until I hear something?
Old 11-05-2020, 05:03 AM   #14

THOR #19102
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampTap View Post
What is this about a firefly recall? I have the firefly in my 2020 windsport 34j and didnt get anything yet. I recently moved also. Should I take mine into the local dealer and see what they say or just wait until I hear something?
Recall appears to be all 2019-2021 hurricanes and windsports. I would call thor and ask.
Old 11-05-2020, 04:03 PM   #15

Model: Windsport 29m
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
The FireFly system uses a touch screen display to control heat, A/C, lights, the generator, slides, awnings, fans, etc. It also uses wireless control pads throughout the coach to turn on the lights, open the awning, etc. instead of having wired switches and buttons.

There is also an app available that allows you to control the all of those systems from a phone, tablet, etc.
Way too much technology for my taste. Just more things to go wrong. Just let me push the button. Hell, half the time they don't work either!!! LOL
Old 11-11-2020, 10:07 PM   #16

State: Georgia
THOR #18321
Our Hurricane was at CW getting an oil change when the Firefly system recall came in and they did the change while it was there. The kit was ordered on 10/27 and we picked up the RV on 11/06.
Old 12-12-2020, 09:42 PM   #17

Model: Windsport 34R
THOR #18056
Had my recall done at my local dealer and picked up RV last week. Everything seemed fine until today, now my furnace keeps running. Touched the furnace control and color changed but the flame icon remains on and it keeps running. Turned all temps down and it still keeps running. Shut off the propane and the flame icon is still there. Not sure if it's related. Time to call Thor on Monday.
Old 12-12-2020, 10:19 PM   #18

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR24 View Post
Had my recall done at my local dealer and picked up RV last week. Everything seemed fine until today, now my furnace keeps running. Touched the furnace control and color changed but the flame icon remains on and it keeps running. Turned all temps down and it still keeps running. Shut off the propane and the flame icon is still there. Not sure if it's related. Time to call Thor on Monday.

I've got one thing for you to try. Power down your 12V to reboot the system. Either pull the shore power or turn off the breaker for the converter with the shore power plugged in and then put the Use / Store switch to Store for a minute. Then put the Use / Store back in the Use position.

Then see what happens and if fixes your problem.

I had a similar problem with the A/C units in my 2020 Magnitude. Rebooting the system by shutting down the 12V would fix the problem... but only temporarily.

Eventually I had to have the G7a control board replaced. I spent time on the phone troubleshooting with FireFly and ultimately they determined that it was likely a bad control board.

It was under warranty so they required me to have a dealer replace it under warranty. If it wasn't under warranty, I think they would have sent me the part to replace it myself. The new G7a board fixed my problem.
Old 12-12-2020, 10:30 PM   #19

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post

Glad I don’t have it! Sometimes, IMHO, old school is fine.
Old 12-13-2020, 06:25 AM   #20

THOR #19102
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR24 View Post
Please let us know what the solution is. Ours is in the shop now getting the recall done.